Advanced search

Can anyone advise me on how I can become a registered child minder?

(2 Posts)
kallie Mon 14-Feb-05 10:59:49

Hi , I am interested in becoming a registerd child minder but I have no idea how I would get started and what courses I need to study. Can anyone help?

KatieMac Mon 14-Feb-05 11:31:45

Hi Kallie
In our area you need to ring your local Childcare Information Service. They set up a 'Do you want to be a childminder?'evening. You then go on to do an Introducing Childminding Practice course (ICP - about 21 hrs ish). You also need to do a 12 hr child based First aid course.

These courses are usually funded by ?????(can't remember who) - so you don't need to pay.

Do you have any other questions?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: