Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ebay item - it isn't what they describe, should I do anything?

(8 Posts)
Surfermum Sun 13-Feb-05 21:50:04

There's an item on ebay which is a picture from the Falklands War of a ship on fire with another alongside putting out the fire. It's described as HMS Coventry on fire with HMS Arrow alongside. My dh was on HMS Coventry and says no ships came alongside when they were bombed as there wasn't time, and the ship was on its side within 15 mins. The picture isn't HMS Coventry it's HMS Sheffield. He knows - he was there! Should I say anything to the seller or just leave it? We are'nt going to bid.

WigWamBam Sun 13-Feb-05 22:25:54

I'd be inclined to keep well out of it - but then again, I'm a coward!

Hulababy Sun 13-Feb-05 22:28:25

Is there no one you could report the error to at e-bay itself?

Gwenick Sun 13-Feb-05 22:30:21

I'd let them know, it could well be a genuine mistake (I once listed a wooden recorder as rosewood and it was actually boxwood so I know accidents can happen). Chances are he/she will be grateful that someone has pointed out the mistake and they'll just be able to edit the listing

mishi1977 Sun 13-Feb-05 22:34:08

hi i would just email the seller so that they are aware it is then up to them to change the names if they want

Surfermum Mon 14-Feb-05 10:50:25

I'm a bit of an ebay novice, so I wasn't sure who to report it to. I didn't want to email under ask a question as it's then displayed for everyone to see, which I thought was a bit unfair if it was a genuine mistake. Does anyone know - can you email a seller another way?

Kelly1978 Mon 14-Feb-05 10:52:21

If you email ask a question it is up to the seller whether or not they want to display it on their listing, it isn't automatic.
I would email them, politely.

Surfermum Mon 14-Feb-05 11:05:43

Aha! I didn't realise that. I'll email then. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now