Talk

Advanced search

driving test tomorrow!!!

(12 Posts)
crkm Sun 10-Aug-08 22:27:43

hope this is ok on this topic - wasn't sure where to go with it!! have my test tomorrow and i am feeling so sick!!!! my last lesson was so bad i slammed out the car (having told my instructor i would never sit in a driving seat again!) went up to my room and sobbed for 20 minutes!!! pathetic arent i? why am i putting myself through this? i have been a passenger for the past 30 odd years why would i want to change that? i cant help thinking that i have wasted all this money and time trying to do something i just cant do!!!! HELP!!!!!!

piratecat Sun 10-Aug-08 22:32:16

keep saying 'i can do this'

you have got so far now.

i went into auto pilot, passed last year, i was 38.

crkm Sun 10-Aug-08 22:34:55

first time?

piratecat Sun 10-Aug-08 22:37:07

yes first time, altho tbh i did take a test 20 yrs ago, and failed, so i really had to start over. also new town etc...

crkm Sun 10-Aug-08 22:40:47

i guess that failing my mock test should be a good sign????? i was failed because i wouldnt go round a bus at a bus stop. as i couldnt see round the bl*y thing i decided it was safer to stay put. got done for undue hesitation!!! as i will be driving with my kids in the car i think a bit of hesitation is in order to stay safe!!

piratecat Mon 11-Aug-08 10:36:52

god there are so so many things out there to fail you. undue hesitation if you coudn't see round the bus, is debatable, and not exactly crime of the yr.

If you pass your test, it will be down to good driving, and a certain amount of luck, as there are so many small things that can throw you, due to sheer inexpereince.

If you fail, please don't think you are the worst person/driver becuase the test is very difficult, and and it is much worse that n it used to be.

good luck today.x

crkm Mon 11-Aug-08 15:28:43

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am in shock. had a lovelly lady tester, and we chatted and joked a bit. thought i had instantly failed quite near the start, so kinda just got on with the rest of the drive. When she said i passed i was gob smacked!

heres to driving !! grin

missblythe Mon 11-Aug-08 15:30:47

Congratulations! That's brilliant news, you'll be queen of the highways now!

piratecat Mon 11-Aug-08 18:34:43

hi there, i am sooooooooooo pleased for you

WELL DONE !!!!!!!

crkm Mon 11-Aug-08 19:11:13

awww thank you!!!! am having a well earned drink tonight!!!

StellaWasADiver Mon 11-Aug-08 19:15:22

Oh well done crkm I passed at the weekend - I too thought I'd failed really early on - so thought, 'bugger it' and just carried on...

Great feeling isn't it

crkm Mon 11-Aug-08 21:18:06

well done stella......

best thing is i passed first time and my husband took 3 attempts!!!!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now