Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chocolates for the nursery staff on valentines, is it acceptable?

(14 Posts)
Chandra Sun 13-Feb-05 13:06:48

Well, I was not around during December and January so... I just send a general Christmas card addressed to all the staff in the nursery rather than individual ones or gifts . I was thinking in making up for that by sending a box of chocolates tomorrow (as a thank you gesture from DS). Is it apropiate? it not uncommon in America to send valentines to friends, is the same here or they are reserved for "romantic" advances?

Clueless, I know, but I was already married when we moved to this country so no practical experience

helsy Sun 13-Feb-05 13:09:03

Mmm, may be seen as a bit odd - what about waiting until Easter?

Aniles Sun 13-Feb-05 13:15:44

I think it's a great idea! I work in a school and it wouldn't be seen as odd to receive chocs for valentines. I bet they'll think it's a lovely gesture

mishi1977 Sun 13-Feb-05 13:17:02

i would think it was odd i do think valentines is reserved for romance iykwim

NotQuiteCockney Sun 13-Feb-05 13:56:35

Do kids not buy valentines cards for each other here, then? In Canada, when I was growing up, it was normal to buy cards for all your friends, but I don't think I've seen the boxes of cheap (funny, cute) valentines day cards here for kids.

mishi1977 Sun 13-Feb-05 14:03:27

no only for someone u had a crush on etc...its not the norm but would be quite a sweet tradition..pity really

Cod Sun 13-Feb-05 14:04:32

Message withdrawn

Cod Sun 13-Feb-05 14:04:48

Message withdrawn

whymummy Sun 13-Feb-05 14:09:14

i think it'll be really sweet

Davros Sun 13-Feb-05 19:43:40

I sent in a bag of heart-shaped chocs and a card for each of the staff in DS's class (5). I will also get them easter eggs.

Chandra Mon 14-Feb-05 00:50:19

Thanks for your answers, I think that as the amount of pros and cons are even, I would err on the safe side, will eat the chocolates and send something in Easter. But what do you send in Easter? eggs? chocolate rabbits? when do you send them? just right before Easter Sunday?

Thanks again

Davros Mon 14-Feb-05 17:22:10

I'd get a selection of eggs, bunnys etc, whatever takes my fancy in Woollies or wherever and send them in on the last day of term before Easter hol. I normally think giving valentines among people other than lovers/couples or would-be is weird. I send in stuff because my DS is non-verbal with autism and can't tell the teachers how much he appreciates them or make them something etc.

Beetroot Mon 14-Feb-05 17:29:01

Message withdrawn

Davros Mon 14-Feb-05 18:29:10

Yeah, sorry, weird was the wrong word! I suppose I started sending valentine stuff for school staff because of DS's autism but do think its nice from little kids, while they still don't think its soppy! Also the staff love knowing they've at least got one thing on valentines!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now