Talk

Advanced search

Worried online wedding gift didn't work - what to do?

(7 Posts)
alittleteapot Fri 08-Aug-08 21:21:11

I ordered a wedding gift online ages ago from a gift list website but never got the confirmation email, although I did get the confirmation page on the website. I'm worried it didn't go through and that they now think we didn't get them anything. The wedding was almost two weeks ago. What shall I do? I don't have the card with the name of the website anymore and I don't have time to go through all my credit card statements. But it doesn't seem appropriate to ask them outright if they received it. I did write in their card "hope you enjoy the gift". (And I know I should have chased it up straight away but it didn't quite happen...)

gastronaught Fri 08-Aug-08 22:19:58

You don't think you brought your gift through the company thats just gone bust, do you. WRAPITT

flowerybeanbag Fri 08-Aug-08 22:22:34

Don't see what's wrong with checking if they received, if you are concerned. Do you not have statements easy to hand or online?

alittleteapot Sat 09-Aug-08 08:32:39

Thanks - no not the one that went bust thankfully.

I'm just a bit disorganised at the moment bank statements-wise and have very little time.

My thing about asking them direct if they'd received was that it looks a bit like when those aunties rang up when you were a child because they hadn't received their thank-you letter yet. (Not that I wasn't always brilliant at thank-you letters!)

bigcar Sat 09-Aug-08 11:30:13

Could you ask someone else who went what the name of the company was, or maybe ask one of their mums as you're worried it didn't go through properly?

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 09-Aug-08 11:44:52

Have you checked your spam for a confirmation email?

alittleteapot Sat 09-Aug-08 14:36:30

i've just checked my statements and can't find so i've just emailed the bride direct - have done it in such a way that it doesn't make it look like i'm chasing up a thank you letter. thanks for your replies - i find things like this so tricky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now