Talk

Advanced search

Right - Wedding is booked - 12 weeks!!! Can someone check my list to see if i have forgotten anything i need to look into?

(11 Posts)
BlueDragonfly Thu 07-Aug-08 11:55:24

Ceremony - venue and registrar
reception - venue, DJ and band, food
rings
cake
dress
DPs suit
Boys suits
Rings
photographs
Invitations
Flowers

What else do i need?

DOn't need to sort cars as a friend will drive me in our car with the DCs(car seat issues and they will walk me down aisle)

BlueDragonfly Thu 07-Aug-08 11:56:19

btw i know there is a bridezilla wink bride to be thread already but having read thru, my total budget would be the cost of their flowers it seems!!

hanaflower Thu 07-Aug-08 11:56:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlueDragonfly Thu 07-Aug-08 11:58:16

yep, i wear my hair down a lot and hardly any make up so am not spending precious (sp?)pennies on that!!

tokentotty Thu 07-Aug-08 12:01:01

Well it's glaringly obvious - you've missed off the incredibly important sugared almond wedding favours.... wink

BlueDragonfly Thu 07-Aug-08 12:03:46

i haven;t even been to a wedding saince my dad remarried in around 1988!!

LOL @: almonds. DP did suggest that but i don't want DS3s forst taste of almonds to be opn our wedding day and he has to be rushed to hosp!!!(he will be 8.5 months)

TillyScoutsmum Thu 07-Aug-08 12:05:43

Shoes
Jewellery

Music for ceremony sorted ?

Looks like everything else is sorted...

P.S. Am on the bridezilla thread - and lots are not having big weddings. I'm not having invites, favours, sit down meal, flowers (except for 1 bouquet) suits etc. Some are eloping with just 4 people to a registry office.

WaynettaSlob Thu 07-Aug-08 12:05:44

Do you need to prepare anything for the service - readings / music etc??

ANTagony Thu 07-Aug-08 12:09:59

I don't know how all encompassing you want your list to be so heres my thoughts:

Thank you gifts if people are helping out with stuff.

Speeches.

Gift list (if you're having one)

Thank you cards if you're off after the wedding its good to have them in ready to deal with on your return

Messages book where people can jot down happy thoughts for you on the day - cheap and lovely/ funny especially if people have put a few away and are gushy when they write.

Order of service (I had a civil ceremony but I think that people like to have an idea of roughly what is happening and when - I home printed mine)

Have you done the legal documents thing with the registrar - i.e. you are who you say you are. Have you the necessary documents for the wedding day?

favours if your having them

place names and table layout if the venue aren't doing it and you want it formal

Maps to the various venues, accommodation list for anyone who's traveling

Button holes (presumably in with flowers) and corsages if your having them

Ribbon for the car

Cake boxes for people like elderly relatives who don't attend that you can post. Will the venue provide napkins for the cake if you're serving it there?

Hope it all goes well for you

BlueDragonfly Thu 07-Aug-08 12:14:10

TSM - i am so sorry blush i skim read it and thought 'oh dear i can't post here!'

The intent to marry meeting thingy is booked for september, it gives me enough time to get some kind of photo id hmm

hymns, music etc...had completely not thought of that

speeches we aren't having as we don't like or want them!(best man is pleasedwink)

cake boxes - i won'thave any elderley relatives left after this week (my gran v v v ill)

no need for map as everyone is local

erm

no need for table plan as we are going to have an informal buffet

TillyScoutsmum Thu 07-Aug-08 12:16:14

Don't be sorry - you're welcome if you want. We're a nosey bunch but I promise we're not all bridezillas wink

Sorry about your gran sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now