Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 06-Aug-08 18:52:56

the poor child.

typical shite by SS thou.

cornsilk Wed 06-Aug-08 18:53:50

No wonder they get a bad press

tiredemma Wed 06-Aug-08 18:54:17

Yes, it would appear so.

I have some similar horrendous experiences in relation to trying to report stuff.

DorrisMcWhirter Wed 06-Aug-08 18:54:52

I would like to be surprised by this.
Unfortunately I'm not.
10 years teaching will do that to you.
SS as a 'service' are crap.
Strangely though, every social worker I've ever met has been lovely.
Poor kid sad

theSuburbanDryad Wed 06-Aug-08 18:56:03

Have to say WELL DONE you Cod for trying though. I may have just tutted and judged. blush

<<hollow laugh>> @ "every child matters". You and I both know it's bollox anyway.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:00:59

Message withdrawn

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Wed 06-Aug-08 19:02:38

welcome to social services. They are always this crap.

DorrisMcWhirter Wed 06-Aug-08 19:04:07

You go cod!
Throw some key words in there too - bloomin' every child matters gumpfh should provide you with enough purple prose to chuck back in their faces.

AvenaLife Wed 06-Aug-08 19:04:35

Have you tried contacting the NSPCC instead? They may be more helpful.

You could always tell ss that they have a legal obligation to follow up all reports of abuse and you shall be contacting the media about their lack of action in this case (you have, you've told us).

Poor child. sad

FluffyMummy123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:06:00

Message withdrawn

tiredemma Wed 06-Aug-08 19:07:14

I contacted NSPCC before I contacted SS about a family member, they were very helpful and informative- but still moved me on to SS to express my concerns.

I lost faith in SS from my experience, I know that its a tough job and SS can do a lot of good for families- but I spent a long time in turmoil seeing this lovely little girl being blatantly neglected.

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Wed 06-Aug-08 19:07:19

I would say 'Hey go girrrl' but we'd all just be sick, wouldn't we.

You need the mn social workers to tell you how to bollock who and the key phrases to use to make them shit themselves do something.

AvenaLife Wed 06-Aug-08 19:10:01

They normally have so many children on their case load that they can't tell who is who. SS can often not do alot about things like this. I hope they have neighbours that report them and are keeping an eye on the child. Poor thing. sad

FluffyMummy123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:12:37

Message withdrawn

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Wed 06-Aug-08 19:30:36

A woman at a train station asked two men to stop smoking.
They threw her on the train tracks - she was unhurt.
Heard it on the news today.

Intervening v dangerous thing to do. People who wallop children freely are likely to have similar inhibitions when it comes to laying into adults imo.

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Wed 06-Aug-08 19:34:11

Here tis, actually she broke her wrist, so not unhurt

Can I just use this opportunity to say how much I love that the volume on the bbc iplayer goes up to 11? Makes me smile every time - I feel obliged to always have it at 11.

So a lesson to be learned: people are nutters at the wrong time of day to phone social services, but even so, don't approach them.

scorpio1 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:37:41

god i hate stuff like this sad good that you are re-ringing tomorrow

I have seen mothers call their dc C* in the street. sad

FluffyMummy123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:46:27

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:46:28

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:47:23

Message withdrawn

theSuburbanDryad Wed 06-Aug-08 19:49:55

I have intervened in the past and had a mouthful of abuse back. It was utterly pointless - and the kid doesn't need to see it IMO.

Best thing to do is to phone SS - which you did - and keep hassling them till they sort something out!

moondog Wed 06-Aug-08 20:04:19

Ring, ask who was on duty when you rung. Pause as you write name.
Then ask for line manager's name.
Ditto.
Then ask for complaints procedure.

largeginandtonic Wed 06-Aug-08 20:06:39

Oh no!

Well done for doing phoning, how awful. Throw your weight around tomorrow and get them to do something.

I always think is it worth saying something, then i think the child will have seen that someone cares and the behaviour is not right. Of course the retribution on the child may be worse though, such a toughie.

Pruners Wed 06-Aug-08 20:07:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now