Talk

Advanced search

What is it with men.........

(23 Posts)
sweetkitty Fri 11-Feb-05 21:40:22

probably been done to death but feel like ranting somewhere

DP sends me e-mail today "might go for a quick one after work might not" now how many times do they have just a "quick one" phones me at 6 to say he's in the pub having the "quick one" I've got a sore head and DD is teething and quite fretful so he says he'll be quick. 7pm texts me to say he is waiting on a bus (needs to get bus then train then drive back from the station) total time about an hour and a half on a bad night. No word until just now he phones me up obviously had a few says he is at the train station now I tell him he better not dare drive the car home from the station, he says he can't hear me so I text him.

So now I'm sitting here worried sick he'll get in the car and I won't be happy until he's home. Why do they do this? Do we ever do it?

he doesn't do it often but thats not the point

tillykins Fri 11-Feb-05 21:42:03

What are you going to say to him when he does get home?

edam Fri 11-Feb-05 21:44:42

wow sweetkitty, he is taking the p*ss, isn't he? suggest you disappear quietly tomorrow morning leaving him to deal with dd and hangover...

MancMum Fri 11-Feb-05 22:03:49

good idea edam -- why not get up early and text him whilst he is still in bed that you are going out for a quick shop... then drag it out so you have to email hin that you might be late....

I hate the way men use text/email to send these little bombshells so why should not we?

sweetkitty Fri 11-Feb-05 22:07:59

Am sitting here quietly fuming.

Am still BFing so can't leave DD with him for too long thing is he promised to take me to get my hair cut tomorrow afternoon if he is drunk he won't be able to drive so it will be the bus for me. I left DD with him once before after he had been out the night before and I shouldn't have he was still drunk from the night before.

What is it with men and alcohol the minute they touch it they become little boys? or is it just mine???

janeybops Fri 11-Feb-05 22:16:36

My dh always brings up the subject of days out/weekends away with the lads when we are in company!! Usually friends of ours and then expects me to go along with it so I don't ruin the evening....

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 11-Feb-05 22:52:33

OOOhhhhhhhhhh cunning Janeybops

sweetkitty Fri 11-Feb-05 23:09:04

he's still not back

thinking of ways to sort him out tomorrow

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 11-Feb-05 23:13:59

My mind instantly thinks, no sorting out whatsoever for the next few days... I'm talking nocturnally iykwim!

sweetkitty Fri 11-Feb-05 23:19:12

don't worry about that DD co sleeps with us anyway it will be sofa for him for a few nights

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 11-Feb-05 23:20:34

sweetkitty Fri 11-Feb-05 23:22:34

the thing that gets me is the "quick one" if he has said I'm having a night out I won't be back until late I would have been ok now I don't know where he is and I'm worried about the car at the station.

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 11-Feb-05 23:36:28

Keep ringing his mobile

Don't let it go to message, because once it does that then it will keep doing it

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 11-Feb-05 23:40:32

Have you ever tried hoovering at 8.00 in the morning ??

Most liberating, may cost you a box of chocs for next door, but worth I would have thought

Levanna Fri 11-Feb-05 23:43:37

sweetkitty, that's what gets me most too. DH THB doesn't go out a great deal, but usually says a "quick one" and it usually isn't. So when he rings to say "I'm on my way back" (and though he probably half intends to leave the pub/friends some time soon, he never gets around to it.) I ask him if he's got his key, as I'm locking up for the night. He says of course he has. I say "Really? Since when did you start carrying the shed one around with you? Night!"

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 11-Feb-05 23:47:33

LOL levanna

sweetkitty Fri 11-Feb-05 23:56:42

oh and the "I'll try and not wake you" when they can't get their key in the door then crash around the living room then crash out on the sofa meanwhile your in bed fully awake and fuming.

LapsedGymJunkie Sat 12-Feb-05 00:03:49

Then they fart like a trooper the next morning, harness that and you could solve the problems in Iraq in a matter of days

sweetkitty Sat 12-Feb-05 00:08:38

oh it's arrived home in the car says it's not drunk may have had a couple but i still think he may be over the limit

there will be talks in our house tomorrow

LapsedGymJunkie Sat 12-Feb-05 00:12:51

A fiver says he tried to sleep it off in the car and then drove home at pub kicking out time.

Clever, because the police wouldn't be looking for drink drivers on a Friday would they ??

Give him hell tomorrow.

sweetkitty Sat 12-Feb-05 00:18:26

nah cos he would have got the train to the station then got in the car for the 5 minute drive up the road

if i knew he was over the limit i would phone the police myself

i'm so so angry with him the f**** idiot!!!!!

LapsedGymJunkie Sat 12-Feb-05 00:20:25

well glad he is home

sweetkitty Sat 12-Feb-05 00:25:20

he won't be tomorrow thats for sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now