Talk

Advanced search

I am covered in scratches and nettle stings after rescuing our dog from the ha ha whilst trying to ignore an approaching heard of cows.

(11 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Mon 04-Aug-08 20:08:47

At the bottom of our garden is a farm the only division is a ha ha which is full of nettles and brambles. The dog was sat calmly with me while dd and i were painting. The cows are them moved into the field at the bottom of the garden, the dog in a moment of madness decides to investigate the cows and falls in. He could not get out, while i was trying to rescue the cows started trying to get in the ditch with us. After countless attempts at getting him to jump so i could drag him up and out we managed it.

MatNanPlus Mon 04-Aug-08 20:10:02

Might i suggest antiseptic cream

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 04-Aug-08 20:10:21

I am sorry, poor you and evrything but lol

Cies Mon 04-Aug-08 20:10:36

Ow! Poor you!

I have mangled legs after going cross country the other day while wearing shorts. My legs look like a mad cat has attacked them grin. Hope yours heal faster than mine. And don't scratch the stings!

DeeRiguer Mon 04-Aug-08 20:13:50

have some rescue stiff brandy remedy

lol & a ha ha! thats impressive no?
from here in my wholly urban setting

twinsetandpearls Mon 04-Aug-08 20:17:35

The dog is a springer so has a longish coat which is now full of those small sticky balls. We will need to take him to the doggy parlour tomorrow.

edam Mon 04-Aug-08 20:20:42

gosh, a ha-ha, how lovely. Shame you ended up at the bottom, though. grin

twinsetandpearls Mon 04-Aug-08 20:21:59

Have to admit that when the estate agent said there was a ha ha at the bottom of the garden we had to google it.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 04-Aug-08 20:23:04

The thread title is very funny - it is a very Jilly Cooperesque accident to have!

PeaMcLean Mon 04-Aug-08 20:24:58

Sounds like an incident from Cranford.

twinsetandpearls Mon 04-Aug-08 20:27:08

At least i amused the neighbours, i have just added to their preconceptions about northern urbanites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now