Talk

Advanced search

has anyone been to london aquarium?

(9 Posts)
fairy15 Mon 04-Aug-08 08:19:27

dh is off work this week so we were thinking about taking the boys (2 years & 9 month old)
there s they both love out fish tank at home. is it good? & is there anywhere nearby that we could go after? would like to get in as muh as possible as we are from suffolk. thanx.

kslatts Mon 04-Aug-08 08:27:02

My dd's really enjoyed the London Aquarium. It is right next to the London Eye, or you could take a boat trip down to the Tower of London. It's close to waterloo station so easy to jump on a tube if you wanted to go to other attractions further away.

fairy15 Mon 04-Aug-08 08:33:11

would love to go on the eye, do you have to book in advance for that? wow there is lots to do nearby then. can't wait smile thanx

kslatts Mon 04-Aug-08 08:42:28

You can book the London Eye in advance but you don't have to, the queues can be quite long in the summer though.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 04-Aug-08 08:45:17

it is lovely there. I'd book the eye in advance because of the queues. If you have a google, I think London Tower have some special events atm for the holidays.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 04-Aug-08 08:47:57

Fortress
Fortress London at the Tower this summer starts with Attack the Tower' on 26/27 Jul where you can batter the Tower gates, fire a replica medieval siege engine, and mudlark on Tower beach. The event also includes daily firing of siege weapons and the chance to pace the battlements and handle crossbows. The enhanced Hands on History' interactive exhibition re-opens in the White Tower on 24 Jul. Fun family trails, and do not miss the Crown Jewels.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 04-Aug-08 08:48:28

it's on til the end of august, heard about it on the radio and sounds good.

Tas1 Mon 04-Aug-08 09:24:44

We did the Eye and the Aquarium in the same day as they are next to each other. I also booked Eye tickets before we went.
Great day out.

fairy15 Tue 05-Aug-08 09:47:01

did'nt manage to get back on yesterday so just wanted to say thanx to everyone. we will be doing the eye also so am really looking forward to it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now