Talk

Advanced search

How can I make hair plaits stand up ala fancy dress style?

(9 Posts)
Aniles Thu 10-Feb-05 20:10:44

As part of a fancy dress costume I want to put my long hair in 2 side plaits and make them stand up in a in a curve on each side of my head. How can I do this easily? I've tried using pipe cleaners but don't seem to be able to do it. A wire coathanger has been suggested but not sure how I could fix it in place unless it ran from the end of one plait, over the top of my head to the end of the other plait. Haven't got a wire coathander so haven't tried this yet. Would this work? Any other suggestions please?

oooggs Thu 10-Feb-05 20:11:49

a wire coat hanger threaded through them

bonkerz Thu 10-Feb-05 20:12:24

pipe cleaners?

Whizzz Thu 10-Feb-05 20:12:42

How about combining wire with a hairband then run it over your head as you suggested & secure each plait to the side? Dare I ask what the outfit is !

oooggs Thu 10-Feb-05 20:14:02

Sorry I didn't take in all of your thread - yes the wire coathanger does work - have used it myself whist does a 'schoolgirl' fancy dress. Make sure it is a pilable (sp?) one and not the hard wire.

Enjoy

WigWamBam Thu 10-Feb-05 20:14:50

What about using something like fuse wire or florist's wire? You could use hairgrips to hold the wire at the top of the plait.

popsycal Thu 10-Feb-05 20:18:34

You need florist wire....

palit the hair then wrap the wire around the plait and bemd.....

works very well

popsycal Thu 10-Feb-05 20:18:54

tried and tested.....

Aniles Thu 17-Feb-05 17:42:26

Thank guys. I bought some florist's wire and it works a treat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now