Talk

Advanced search

I am going to have to let a new property soon - am worried about credit status

(5 Posts)
objectivity Sat 02-Aug-08 13:04:35

Do all Estate Agents do a credit check? I have a dire credit status but good landlord reference and have income to cover rental on property I am looking at.

Anyone with advice on the rules and any ways to, er, circumnavigate them?

objectivity Sat 02-Aug-08 17:10:22

Ok, seen a property this afternoon that we like but form I have been given is asking for credit checks.

What can I do???? Please help, we need a house, soon!

laidbackinengland Sat 02-Aug-08 17:12:16

Most do a credit check. Are you able to pay 3 or 6 months in advance. My mum let out property and she accepts poorer credit where people can offer a guarantor and/or advanced rent.

objectivity Sat 02-Aug-08 17:22:56

I am super strapped for cash - just turning a corner after extremely hard times. My parents may be willing to act as guarantor but don't think they earn enough as I've heard a guarantor has to earn 3 times the rental value monthly...

busymum1 Sat 02-Aug-08 17:28:17

try different agency etc my dp's sister rented straight after bankruptcy only 2 estate agents out of 30 wanted credit check and ridiculous ammount of earnings as guarantor rest were more reasonable some councils will even act as guarantor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now