Talk

Advanced search

The big move is in the morning and we still have to

(21 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Fri 01-Aug-08 21:57:27

dismantle the bed.
dismantle the computer - obvously I am still on it!
pack another couple of boxes of books.

I have been packing and decluttering for two weeks now and am well and truly knackered.

The thought of unpacking it all again makes me feel ill.

If you see me on here too much feel free to remind me I should be packing.

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 01-Aug-08 22:01:59

oh good luck with it all - my memory of moving has faded as it was 3 yrs ago now, wasn't as bad as I'd imagined though...it'll soon be done though...now get back to packing smile

twinsetandpearls Fri 01-Aug-08 22:27:18

bed is done!

Thanks MAS.

MarmadukeScarlet Fri 01-Aug-08 22:30:38

TSAP

I haven't been around much recently, last time I saw a housemove thread by you it was linked to your house sale details with a 'why wont this sell?' type plea.

(Also maybe some executor problems too?)

I am so pleased for you that things seemed to have proceeded well and I wish you every happiness in your new job and home.

twinsetandpearls Sat 02-Aug-08 11:29:17

Thanks. We still have not sold the house, it is rented out. We sorted the inheritance. We are now on the road coming up to birmingham.

constancereader Sat 02-Aug-08 11:30:49

Oh god I have to move in three weeks. I am 30 weeks pg and have an 18m old ds. I am dreading it.

Well done to you - the worst is over! Glad you got everything sorted in the end.

poshtottie Sat 02-Aug-08 11:34:06

Good luck with your move. If you need anything give me a shout, (I am in your area) Dorchester, though moved from near Blandford last year.

me23 Sat 02-Aug-08 11:34:49

hope the move goes smoothly! I'm moving in 2 and half weeks! need to start packing really, have already free-cycled some stuff.
Not looking forward to packing.

twinsetandpearls Sat 02-Aug-08 12:04:52

Constance i moved late in my pregnancy so i know how that feels. At least you don't have to lift anything.

Chocolateteapot Sat 02-Aug-08 12:08:35

Oh good luck, hope it is going well. The sun is starting to come out down here and the rain stopped.

twinsetandpearls Sun 03-Aug-08 00:53:46

Had a very tiring but fantastic day. The cats escaped and it was a drama getting them back and the fish tank broke. I will need to get a new one. We love the house though.

Chocolateteapot Sun 03-Aug-08 10:10:48

Glad to hear it has been good and you have arrived safely. I don't suppose you will have much time to relax today but hope you do get a few minutes to put your feet up and enjoy the view from your garden

twinsetandpearls Mon 04-Aug-08 00:16:13

I am unpacking at a leisurely pace. Dd has a friend to stay so we went for a wander into blandford town today although most of it was shut! The girls did some paintings of our view while i sat out with a glass of wine. It was idyllic until the rain.

Chocolateteapot Tue 05-Aug-08 07:26:42

I'm glad it went well and that you are having a good time. That was a good idea having a friend down for your Dd, bet it helps her settle

I'm in bed atm listening to the rain coming down, it doesn't really make me feel like getting up so I'm making DH go down and sort out the dead mouse the cats have bought in.

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 07:34:46

T&Ps your here, dont look out the window, it's tipping it down!

Hope the unpacking goes ok.

contact me if you want grin

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 07:35:27

BTW, Blandford wasnt shut, it always looks like that grin

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 05-Aug-08 07:41:39

is that Blandford in Dorset ?

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 05-Aug-08 07:57:20

Twinset, welcome to Dorset, just to let you knwo that teh TA's at your new school are a fantastic bunch of ladies.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 05-Aug-08 08:44:32

oh it is...how lovely - I would love to live in Dorset - looked at houses in Dorchester [sigh]

mumlove Tue 05-Aug-08 13:11:42

Twinset - Glad you have made it down to our lovely not sunny dorset.

twinsetandpearls Tue 05-Aug-08 15:20:49

Thanks for all the offers of support. We are still settling and it is taking some adjusting. Have a proper garden to look after which is all new and the house is so quiet at night. We are very happy though. I do wish the run would shine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now