Talk

Advanced search

simple question: is the tripp trapp highchair worth the excessive price? if not what is a good alternative?

(12 Posts)
LadySanders Thu 31-Jul-08 21:49:30

i am struggling with the concept of paying 163 squillion pounds for a highchair. want a wipe clean wooden compact chair with small base area that isn't a total eyesore and will blend in with the room.

suggestions welcome!

OsmosisBanana Thu 31-Jul-08 21:52:23

no advice. my maiden name was Sanders.

cmotdibbler Thu 31-Jul-08 21:54:50

It is great. DS is 2 and uses it now without the bar etc, and very happily climbs into it, uses it to stand on at the work top, and sits and eats on it.
Very easy to clean (our cleaner rants about others), and it looks nice. You can even sit on them yourself, but the adjustable height means it is properly at the table.

hana Thu 31-Jul-08 21:56:21

yes i think it is. it will do you for years and years - my oldest is still using it at nearly 7. Others you will only use for a year or 2 at most.

FrazzledFairyFay Thu 31-Jul-08 22:00:31

Baby Dan do a similar one, which is a bit cheaper. We have one of each and I can honestly say that the babyDan is just as good.

I think they're both great. DD is nearly 3 and still uses hers, as a high-seated chair.

MrsAki Thu 31-Jul-08 22:13:55

I think our TripTrap is fantastic, but I have seen a near identical copy at Asda for £30. Now that is value for money

hillbilly Thu 31-Jul-08 22:17:10

We have 2 and love them. DD is 3 and DS is 9months.

They really hold their value too so you will be able to sell it on later for a good price. Recently saw 2nd hand ones going for up to £80 on ebay.

ThingOne Thu 31-Jul-08 22:26:39

Yes, it's great, We have two and will keep them for a long time. We use them too as they are strong enough for adults.

You don't need their cushions and only get the babyset if your baby is tiny. Do buy a £6 harness/rein from mothercare and tie toddler to chair to stop climbing out.

RealityGap Fri 01-Aug-08 10:50:59

We have the east coast ones that are very similar cost £50 from kiddicare - we have 3 of them they are very solid.

east coast also do a folding one too

Bramshott Fri 01-Aug-08 10:54:15

Adults can sit on it once you've taken the baby set off so it's still a useful chair at the table. I love ours (we have two) and often sit on DD1's.

anchovies Fri 01-Aug-08 10:55:26

I nearly bought the tchibo one but in the end stuck with the cheapo ikea one that can go in the dishwasher.

IlanaK Fri 01-Aug-08 10:55:39

We have two. HAve been using one for 7 years and the other for 4 years. Now have baby number three and will be buying another. Well worth the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now