Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know any liberal minded

(6 Posts)
iknowmyownmindnow Thu 31-Jul-08 17:13:24

RC priests in the W midlands????
Am looking for a sympathetic priest who will hear my plea for annulment proceedings with out giving me a huge guilt trip about how I made my committment and should stick with it or try harder.I do feel I have good grounds having looked at various web sites already.
I am desperate to put my feelings across without feeling petrified and being put off the whole thing. I do realise its a long process but want the first stage of talk to go well. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Elasticwoman Thu 31-Jul-08 19:46:15

If you have grounds for an annulment, surely the commitment you made doesn't count, because of those grounds. What I mean is, if you have a good case, how can a priest make you feel guilty? Don't these things have to be judged against pre-ordained criteria, not just how sympathetic or liberal the priest is?

iknowmyownmindnow Fri 01-Aug-08 09:29:35

thanks Elasticwomen for your reply -yes you are right and I think I am being over sensitive about it all.
I just feel rather anxious about the whole thing as I want to be able to talk and get my side across properly. I guess I am going to have to really think carefully how I word everything and keep it tailored to the pre -ordained critera as you so correctly put it.

kormachameleon Fri 01-Aug-08 19:54:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iknowmyownmindnow Sat 02-Aug-08 17:11:17

Hi K ...
I am in worcestershire probably miles away as the W.Midlands is a large area I realise! Thanks for your reply.

kormachameleon Sun 03-Aug-08 21:34:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now