Talk

Advanced search

bizarre question about vasectomies

(15 Posts)
edam Wed 09-Feb-05 22:32:41

Someone at work asked me a strange question today and I really don't know the answer!
Trying not to phrase this too cruely but when a man has a vasectomy, does his partner notice a difference in taste when they have oral sex? Does semen affect flavour?
Apparently he asked his surgeon (my colleague is having the snip tomorrow) who said 'No-one's ever asked that before. I really should know the answer, but I don't.' I don't either but I'm sure someone on MN does...

edam Wed 09-Feb-05 22:33:40

doh! 'crudely' not 'cruely'...

Tanzie Wed 09-Feb-05 22:34:40

I wonder if a vasectomy gets rid of the gag reflex - eg no little tadpoles swimming, swimming, swimming - just lukewarm chicken soup instead.

Just wondering.

beansprout Wed 09-Feb-05 22:35:47

Presumably there is only one way to find out?
Or if it does affect it, are they going to cancel??!!! How much can she really like it??!!!!

edam Wed 09-Feb-05 22:37:06

When I said I had no idea, he promised to report back . Frankly I'd rather he didn't, really don't want the mental image that would conjure up!

louee Wed 09-Feb-05 22:43:50

LOL thats what Dh said would happen(its just his way of hoping i'll test) no bloody way will I!!!!! no idea if it's true but glad he had the snip sure did stop him from annoying me at bedtime for a while ,instead it was a blissful night of sleep!!!!!!

Snugs Wed 09-Feb-05 23:04:13

The answer is ......

.............. it doesn't make a difference

kernowcat Wed 09-Feb-05 23:11:29

Wish I could help but I've only 'known' DP since his V! But after consulting him he said 'she' didn't say that 'she' noticed a difference!!!!

I must say ................... ooh no better not what would my mother say!!!!!!!!!

edam Thu 10-Feb-05 11:16:51

Thanks Kernowcat and Snugs, I'll be able to reassure him when he's back at work (if he hasn't <<ahem>> found out for himself).

Bozza Thu 10-Feb-05 11:23:07

Would doubt he would have felt like checking it out so soon Edam.

crystaltips Thu 10-Feb-05 11:26:42

No change whatsoever ....

Snugs Thu 10-Feb-05 11:28:52

If they eat a lot of garlic (or similar smelly stuff) - now that can make a difference! Yuk.

StuartC Thu 10-Feb-05 11:54:42

No change reported, edam. I've read that diet makes a considerable difference but have no personal knowledge (nor does DP).

karenanne Thu 10-Feb-05 12:03:13

no idea about vasectomies but do know that pineapple juice has an effect on the taste of it.

it makes it better tasting

MABS Thu 10-Feb-05 18:52:33

no change

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now