loader

Talk

Advanced search

are combats still in fashion?

(11 Posts)
nailpolish Wed 09-Feb-05 11:35:24

or not?

lunavix Wed 09-Feb-05 11:36:17

I still wear mine (black ones from River Island 3 years ago)

A close friend bought a pair from there two weeks ago and they are IDENTICAL!

beansprout Wed 09-Feb-05 11:37:05

Haven't they jusy become standards now, like jeans?

Poshpaws Wed 09-Feb-05 11:41:21

Nooo! (not my opinion, you understand)

About a year and a half ago, I was wearing mine and 2 teenage boys at the bus-stop were loudly going on about how combats were now 'out'!

I am sure they were saying it for my benefit, as I looked about 12 that day (I am 30-hmm)and one of them was looking in my direction.

The next day, I gave them away to charity and have since stuck to the old faithful - jeans (and trackies )!

woodpops Wed 09-Feb-05 11:41:34

I'm wearing them still.

nailpolish Wed 09-Feb-05 11:43:31

thats what i was hoping for beansprout as ive got just as many pairs as jeans, and i actually prefer them

in a magazine they were slagging off i think it was elle mcpherson for wearing them. cant remember what mag!

galaxy Wed 09-Feb-05 11:45:11

Still got two pairs and will continue to wear them until I look to old to get away with it

tarantula Wed 09-Feb-05 11:45:18

they have always been in fashion this spiders house. Have to be the real thing tho from the army surp shop (have had mine for 10 odd years now)

charleypops Wed 09-Feb-05 11:50:19

Well I'm going to buy some this week to accommodate my growing bump. I used to wear them all the time and would agee with Beansprout about them now being "staples" Just wear them low - no camel toes!

beansprout Wed 09-Feb-05 11:52:24

I think they are a lot more flattering than jeans. I had a mat. pair that saw me all the way through (H&M) whereas jeans never worked for me.

charleypops Wed 09-Feb-05 11:54:26

And much comfier than most jeans too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now