Advanced search

1st choice removals

(13 Posts)
Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 10:19:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 10:20:05

hayleylou Wed 09-Feb-05 10:22:31

sorry we only used Whittles when we move a long way.... but normally do it with help with family

Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 16:00:50

Gwenick Wed 09-Feb-05 16:03:30

Depends on how far you're moving......if you're moving fairly locally have you looked at 'local' removers - we found them MUCH more helpful AND cheaper than the 'big ones'.

Of those two I would avoid pickfords - my parents ALWAYS used them for a long time (Dad liked to move job for no particular reason and that invariably meant long moves) but in recent years they've become much worse and IMO you don't get as such good value for money.

lockets Wed 09-Feb-05 16:07:28

Message withdrawn

tarantula Wed 09-Feb-05 16:12:40

Dp, who used to be in removals, has always told me about how crap Pickfords are cos they pay their men really really crap wages. What it basically comes down to is the crew you get on the day more than the company in many cases but local firms do tend to be better than big firms as they rely more on word of mouth recommendations so aim to keep the customer happy.

lockets Wed 09-Feb-05 16:15:32

Message withdrawn

tarantula Wed 09-Feb-05 16:21:05

Guess you must have got a good team lockets. I know I wouldnt have let some of the lads dp used to work with move my rubbish let alone move my furniture but most of them were great.

LIZS Wed 09-Feb-05 16:25:28

We used Pickfords and they were fine but hadn't really had much experience to judge it by. However they were prompt, efficient (almost overly so !) and friendly. One of those who packed also drove the lorry over to us where it was unloaded by a local Swiss team. A few minor gripes - damage/loss and garden stuff was supposed to be sprayed (we moved at time of Foot and Mouth in UK) but obviously wasn't.

lockets Wed 09-Feb-05 16:26:14

Message withdrawn

Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 18:27:53

Hausfrau Fri 11-Feb-05 12:39:50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now