Talk

Advanced search

AARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH wahat can I get my mum for her birthday

(18 Posts)
singyswife Sat 26-Jul-08 21:15:42

PLEASE HELP!! It is my mums birthday next week and this is the first year I have been completely stumped for something to get for her. HELP!!!! It is driving me nuts, I normally have it in by now but not this year, can anyone help me

TurkeyLurkey Sat 26-Jul-08 21:18:32

Is she into anything in particular that you could get a years magazine subscription for?
WHsmith on line is quite good for ideas of what magazine to get.

<<racks brains>>

How much do you want to spend?

singyswife Sat 26-Jul-08 21:19:48

Dont know about price, she is into her garden, going walking with her friend and going out with me and the kids. That doesnt really help does it.

SilkCutMama Sat 26-Jul-08 21:20:23

Some cheese and wine in a basket?

Day out at health spa?

Picture of you?

Scarf?

DorrisMcWhirter Sat 26-Jul-08 21:21:04

one of those Picnic backpacks so she could take it when out walking?

maidamess Sat 26-Jul-08 21:22:42

There are some lovely things you could get her for the garden. A nice trug and gardening gloves, a lovely plant/shrub in a pot, one of those kneeler things and an apron. Have a look at Garden Trading for ideas

here

TurkeyLurkey Sat 26-Jul-08 21:25:25

Years subscription to a gardening magazine and something for her garden..a nice bird box maybe?

zwiggy Sat 26-Jul-08 21:29:12

I think a box of chocolates is a highly underrated gift, as is a bottle of alcohol.

A lipstick
an umbrella
a hairbrush
a fountain pen
a missoni scarf
a vase

singyswife Sat 26-Jul-08 21:30:54

She cannot eat chocolate as it gives her a migraine shock. Doesnt drink much, and is a nightmare to shop for. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH

SilkCutMama Sat 26-Jul-08 21:32:37

A token for a meal out with you

"For your Birthday here is a token that grants you a night our with me at a restaurant of your choosing. We will have time to talk, laugh and gossip"

Love from singyswife

Electricgooberella Sat 26-Jul-08 21:32:53

Some knee pads?
A new pair of fancy flowery gardening gloves?
A voucher for a haircut?
Walking boots?

Grublin Sat 26-Jul-08 21:33:40

a muzzie DVD? grin

TurkeyLurkey Sat 26-Jul-08 21:34:46

Posh handcream, whats that gardeners one called? Crabtree and something...

cornsilk Sat 26-Jul-08 21:36:24

I always get nice moisturiser for my mum. What about a gift set from Elemis or something like that?

TurkeyLurkey Sat 26-Jul-08 21:37:21

Crabtree and evelyn found it here

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Sat 26-Jul-08 21:39:54

oh, pants - this thread just reminded me we have missed MiL's birthday, again blush sad

zwiggy Sat 26-Jul-08 21:40:31

a voucher for a gardening centre
aveda shampoo
chanel moisturiser
a chiminea
super salads (its a book by michael someone, with recipes of salad, and it tells you the health benefits of each ingriedient, - i know it sounds lame but its actually fab, one of my favourite possesions! look it up on amazon)

singyswife Sat 26-Jul-08 21:42:44

Thank you all. Some good ideas there. Like the dinner with me one. Im sure she would appreciate that being signed, love singyswife lol at that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now