Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you were travelling on a plane with a 3-3-3 configuration...

(23 Posts)
SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 07:23:47

... would you be happy having your 3 children (9, 7 and 2) seated in the middle 3 seatsand yourself across the aisle from the 2 year old??

If not, what would be your preferred option? I'm thinking 2 oldest in 2 of the middle 3 and 2yo and me across the aisle.

Obviously my preferred option would be me in 1st class and the children in cattle but that's not going to happen

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 08:04:03

I have til 10:40 to make a decision!

RubySlippers Sat 26-Jul-08 08:05:45

that sounds fine to me

ideally i would want them in row A and me in row Z but hey ho!

differentID Sat 26-Jul-08 08:06:11

Can you not have the two eldest in front of you?

ErnestTheBavarian Sat 26-Jul-08 08:11:58

That is the configuration I've had every time I've flown with the 3. big kid, big kid, isle, me, little kid.

or big kid, little kid, me, isle, big kid.

easier than then in front then, as they are just beside you. If in front, can't hand them stuff or help so easily.

sunshineonarainyday Sat 26-Jul-08 08:15:00

Agree with Ernest - big kid, little kid, me, isle, big kid.

justaboutagrownup Sat 26-Jul-08 08:16:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 08:17:47

I'm definitely thinking that kid, kid, aisle, me, BabyDragon is the way to go. Especially if they then don't fill the window seat (I pity whoever gets put next to BabyDragon otherwise!)

I really don't think the me, aisle, kid,kid,kid they've allocated is appropriate.

wheresthehamster Sat 26-Jul-08 08:18:22

Ernest's 2nd option with a window seat included.

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 08:19:29

Ah, but big kids must sit together so they entertain each other.

NotQuiteCockney Sat 26-Jul-08 08:20:08

I think some airlines are twitchy about seating (unrelated) adults next to kids - which may be why they've given you that seating?

<digs>

Oh, no, it's just men they're not allowed to be sat next to - so they've arranged it so none of your kids is sitting next to any adult, iyswim. see here.

ErnestTheBavarian Sat 26-Jul-08 08:21:48

absolutely not adult, isle kid kid kid - madness. just swap with one kid tho - 2 kids, adult isle big kid is a v. good combo, then you don't need agro of changing anything iyswim, you just do it yourself

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 08:21:50

Why can't they have a plane with 4 middle seats?? It would be so much simpler.

wheresthehamster Sat 26-Jul-08 08:22:03

But can't you just swap around once you're on?

NotQuiteCockney Sat 26-Jul-08 08:24:00

They might not notice any inappropriate child-man seating ... I know we've flown once with DS1 sat next to (and chatting with) some random bloke, and it was fine - think a flight attendant said something at the end, when she twigged.

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 08:26:23

I have the option to change the seats when I check in online (which opens at 24 hours before departure).

I think if I can get <<empty windowseat>> then DD, me, aisle, DS2 DS1 I'll go for it.

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 08:28:12

In that story you linked to, the girl seems to have been seated alone with the man, separately from her mother

NotQuiteCockney Sat 26-Jul-08 08:40:35

Right, but if a man gets put in the empty window seat, next to DD, then there may be some flap, even with you on the other side. DD is the littlest dragon?

QuintessentialShadows Sat 26-Jul-08 08:41:20

Your planned seat configuration seems fine.

Just try to sit far away from the toilets...

Especially if you are flying Sri Lankan Airlines. But the problem of the floor next to the toilet becoming more and wet as the floor inside got wet, is probably not contained to that airline. But people seem to make a habit of not coming down the right aisle when they are headed for the toilets, so cut through across a middle 3 seat configuration, sticking their bottoms in peoples faces. Very distracting.

Anyway, my little extra pieces of bizarre unwanted information is hardly ever really appreciated. grin

Happy Holidays!

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 09:48:42

Yes, she's the littlest. If that happens (I pity the poor lone man sat next to her!) I could swap so I'm sat next to him.

have never noticed wet floors near the toilets before but I'll pack my sharp elbows to poke anyone who sticks their bum in my face Can you take sharp elbows on a plane or will they be confiscated at passport control/security?

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 09:58:30

Ooooh, may be worrying needlessly. We're flying premium economy and that appears to be a 2-4-2 configuration. I think we're all in 4 together. [relieved]

onlyjoking Sat 26-Jul-08 10:07:36

I would go with the kids together and you across the aisle, that's my plan for Thursday, none of my 3 will sit next to a stranger so no other option for us.
Good luck, where are you off to?

SoupDragon Sat 26-Jul-08 10:48:52

I was indeed worrying needlessly - it's only economy that's 3-3-3. We're 4 together in the middle. All checked in and ready to go. Apart from the packing. And taking the cats to the cattery.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now