Advanced search

Wonderful places to visit/eat/drink in or around Sennen, Cornwall

(16 Posts)
Beetroot Thu 24-Jul-08 13:15:54

Off there on saturday

TIA
smile

everlong Thu 24-Jul-08 14:03:27

Oooh I've been to Sennen Cove a couple of times, it's very beautiful and fairly remote.

If I remember rightly there isn't much nearby and I think we took a picnic with us.

But just had a quick peek and it seems there is a new restaurant called ' The Beach ' tel no. 01736 871191, it looks like a lovely
menu.

Have fun.

suzywong Thu 24-Jul-08 14:18:59

is it near perranporth?

moshie Thu 24-Jul-08 14:30:46

envy
recommend the open top bus ride to st.ives, lots of places to eat there, but beware of the seagulls who will steal an ice cream out of your hands.Beatiful place st ives.Lovely views from the bus, mind the trees in the lanes- duck!
Bus also goes to Marazion ( other way, miss out the penzance bit) where you can cross the causeway or get a little boat to st. michaels mount. Good cafe there.

legalalien Thu 24-Jul-08 14:44:53

we were there last week and I can vouch for "The Beach". We also went to a fantastic (but a bit expensive) place in St Ives called Porthminster Beach Cafe
here.

everlong Thu 24-Jul-08 14:53:17

I love Porthminster Cafe tis gorgeous.

Whizzz Thu 24-Jul-08 14:55:58

envy The pub in Sennen does a lovely crab soup (well it did last year)

legalalien Thu 24-Jul-08 14:56:04

I would also highly recommend here for anyone in the vicinity of the Lizard peninsula. Really good food. And child friendly - no children's menu but happy to prepare fish with no sauce / spices as a half-size portion....

(yes, we did spend our week's holiday having nice lunches - made up for the not so great weather and the need to wear jackets on the beach on most of the days....)

snorkle Thu 24-Jul-08 15:45:39

Minnack theatre is a fab experience.

JRocks Thu 24-Jul-08 19:20:10

here is a link to the local paper's listings etc. Sometimes you can get vouchers and discounts from there too, and there's an eating out section too. Minack definitely worth a visit if your children aren't too young, as it's quite steep. The beach at Porthcurno is v. beautiful too.

St Ives will be really really busy, and difficult to park at, but there is a park and ride train service.

If you want a bit of a quaint Cornish dinig experience, try a meadery, usually fairly child friendly. There's one at Newlyn.

The weather has been lovely this week, hope you enjoy yourselves

JRocks Thu 24-Jul-08 19:20:56

dining blush

FluffyMummy123 Thu 24-Jul-08 19:21:47

Message withdrawn

JRocks Thu 24-Jul-08 19:24:49

shock grin

there are coves like that in Cornwall actually grin

scorpio1 Thu 24-Jul-08 19:26:11

I LIVE ABOUT TEN MILES FROM SENNEN

ST IVES IS A NIGHTMARE AT THE MO oops caps sorry

its really hot here too. there a few cafes etc nearby but not much to 'do' in sennen at all. be prepared to park in the top car park too...big walk

Beetroot Thu 24-Jul-08 20:15:02

it all sounds great

the weather says rain though - can someone deal with that

snorkle Thu 24-Jul-08 20:37:22

Tin mine at Geevor

Goonhilly Sat earth station (actually, prob not worth the drive)

Small telecoms museum at portcurno good for shortish shower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now