Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching Ellen McArthur?

(29 Posts)
Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:09:08

She is due to finish in the next few minutes I think.

moondog Mon 07-Feb-05 22:10:07

Is she on course to set/break the record?

Surfermum Mon 07-Feb-05 22:10:16

Is she? I really admire her. I shall go and put the TV on. I hope she breaks the record.

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:10:33

\linnk{http://www.teamellen.com/\Live web here}

Yes - she is a good day ahead at least I think.

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:11:08

Live web here

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:11:22

She's easily going to break the record, she's a day ahead of the record and due to finish in a few minutes. I can't wait, am heartily sick of the whole fuss

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:12:53

1d 9h
AHEAD OFJOYON
(528 miles)

Special programme on BBC News 24 I think

Good on her.

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:13:55

wobblyknicks - I was thinking the opposite though. I can't believe there is so little of her doing this on TV. Such a big record to completely smash, and so little coverage - well, relative to what we hear about other sports.

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:16:10

I think I'd agree with you hula except I've got a dad who keeps insisting on looking on her website every spare minute to see if its been updated, and who won't tolerate anyone even breathing too loudly if there's a news report on her. Plus I live in Falmouth so have had it all over the papers and now had the traffic jams, fuss etc with them trying to get stuff ready for her. Has all left me a bit jaded!!!

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:20:37

Ah, that explains it then!

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:21:15

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:29:51

Right, she's finished, fantastic, will be crowded as hell here tommorrow then I can get on with my life

There's loads of numpty's waiting down at Falmouth Marina (saw them today) for her to come back in!! Mad. If they dare let off fireworks I'll be down there throttling the lot of them!!!

jangly Mon 07-Feb-05 22:30:02

Wow!! Well done Ellen!

RTKangaMummy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:30:44

mega brill

congrats

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:31:07

How did I guess? Fireworks going off all over the place now - ARGH!!! If any of you see a news report of some mad woman bashing Ellen supporters, you know they woke my dd!!!

RTKangaMummy Mon 07-Feb-05 22:33:20

WSK

Gwenick Mon 07-Feb-05 22:33:24

YAY - well done Ellen - fantastic achievment - pleased to see it got so much 10pm news time too

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:36:21

I do think its a huge achievement but wish the fuss was all out at sea with her, NOT on my doorstep in the middle of the night!!!

...and wish Trevor McDonald hadn't just said 'Fallymoth' instead of Falmouth - SLAP!!!

emmatmg Mon 07-Feb-05 22:37:34

Wk, Dh did his degree at Falmouth college of Art. He live in Budock terrace (off trewlany avenue....that really steep hill)

Is that near you?

Gwenick Mon 07-Feb-05 22:37:49

now that is naughty - saying the name wrong!!!

It's all the French authorities fault the fuss isn't out at sea with her..........they said they didn't want any flares or anything because it's a busy shipping lane etc etc etc

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:42:07

Fairly near me emma - I know where trelawney ave is but can't picture budock terrace. I live in Goldenbank, if dh knows Falmouth well. Was at the college not too long ago looking at its nursery for dd!!

gwenick - understandable about no fuss in the shipping lane but am being very curmudgeonly and don't think there should be any fuss anywhere!!!

Gwenick Mon 07-Feb-05 22:43:41

oh well hey wobbly - there's always got to be at least one party pooper around

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Feb-05 22:44:59

Yep When dd is much older and guaranteed to sleep through the night, I'll probably be down there with them and some other poor mum will be sitting moaning

emmatmg Mon 07-Feb-05 22:47:00

Rather annoyingly Budock terrace is virtually at the top of Trelawney ave. Not good when we/he had to do the tesco shop without a car or money for a taxi.

I expect the college has changed load, Dh finished there in 1997.

Surfermum Mon 07-Feb-05 22:48:05

I was watching it thinking if I lived in Falmouth I'd take dd in the morning to see her coming in. Guess I wouldn't have bumped into you, then WK?

Lucky you - I love Falmouth... in fact I love all of Cornwall. Spent part of my honeymoon at Maenporth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now