Talk

Advanced search

'Archers' question

(25 Posts)
HappyToBeHere Mon 07-Feb-05 12:29:24

Hi, just started listening to 'The Archers' again really enjoying it, but can anyone tell me what happened to poor Kathy...?

littlemissbossy Mon 07-Feb-05 12:32:06

Don't know myself but have a look on the Archers homepage

oops Mon 07-Feb-05 12:33:27

Message withdrawn

HappyToBeHere Mon 07-Feb-05 12:41:36

Thanks a lot littlemissbossy and oops, I had a feeling it was something like that - it makes sense now. How awful - what happened to Owen, I remember him and he was a bit odd, wasn't he. Oh dear, what do I sound like..!

Tommy Mon 07-Feb-05 12:44:53

He was hounded out of the village and told never to come back.....(by Sid I think)

HappyToBeHere Mon 07-Feb-05 12:47:40

Thanks Tommy

Tommy Mon 07-Feb-05 12:51:35

You're welcome

oops Mon 07-Feb-05 17:15:36

Message withdrawn

girlfromip Tue 08-Feb-05 09:48:17

Hasn't Sid told Joleen? I thought he had but didn't actually hear it.

fisil Tue 08-Feb-05 09:53:52

Sid has told Jolene and she was very understanding, but is beginning to get a bit pissed off now cos Sid is away so much and because Kenton et al are beginning to get a bit gossipy.

winnie Tue 08-Feb-05 09:54:34

yes, sid has told joleen.

slobetta Tue 08-Feb-05 09:55:53

you don't think Cathy and Sid might end up back together do you? That might be messy. And when is useless Kenton going to find out I wonder?

TinyGang Tue 08-Feb-05 09:56:57

Yes, he had to tell her in the end cos she was getting suspicious about why he kept visiting Kathy. She was sympathetic at the time, but I think she's getting fed up/suspicious again because he's always there when he should be at the pub.

Not sure who else knows about it - only Pat I think, cos Kathy told her.

How sad am I!?

fisil Tue 08-Feb-05 09:57:27

No to Sid & Cathy, I reckon. I think that's just a Kenton wind-up, and that man has no grasp on reality.

TinyGang Tue 08-Feb-05 10:02:14

Hope there's not going to be an 'affair'. Not sure they come across too well on the radio - remember when Sid and Joleen got together? All that kissing and slurping and sighing and 'ahhing'. Yuk.

girlfromip Tue 08-Feb-05 10:06:11

and wasn't there a revolting shower scene? Maybe I made that up - how unpleasant. Or was that Brian and his fancy woman? I hate it when they kiss, it makes me heave, it's like when people on the Food Programme eat and you hear them going "squelch, muffle, slurp, mmmMMMmm thatsh delicioush!" disgusting!

girlfromip Tue 08-Feb-05 10:06:13

and wasn't there a revolting shower scene? Maybe I made that up - how unpleasant. Or was that Brian and his fancy woman? I hate it when they kiss, it makes me heave, it's like when people on the Food Programme eat and you hear them going "squelch, muffle, slurp, mmmMMMmm thatsh delicioush!" disgusting!

TinyGang Tue 08-Feb-05 10:08:32

Lol at your post Girlfromip! Agree with you too!

winnie Tue 08-Feb-05 21:57:02

AAArrrrrrrgggghhhhh..... the shower scene... that was cringe worthy Yuk, yuk, yuk.

girlfromip Tue 08-Feb-05 22:26:51

but who was in the shower, [cringe to hear...]?
Was it Sid'n'Joleen? I can hardly bear to find out..... And as for the vicar, the motorbike and the lawyer, god give me patience.
Also is Rooof going to end up in the haystack with that farm hand of theirs?

Caligula Tue 08-Feb-05 22:29:59

Oh No!

(Said in irritating Ruth voice)

Caligula Tue 08-Feb-05 22:30:53

It was Sid and Joleen and it sticks in my mind as one of the truly revolting episodes of all time.

The other one being when David kissed Ruth for the first time. Heave!

winnie Tue 08-Feb-05 22:32:46

Yes it was Sid and Joleen
Oh no not Ruth and Sam that would be awful.

JanH Tue 08-Feb-05 22:34:01

I think Caligula means ooooh noooooooo!!

(Cos that's what Roooooth says.)

Yes, it was Sid and Jolene in the shower aargh ewwww!

But Roooooooth and Sam in the hayloft - no!

girlfromip Tue 08-Feb-05 22:58:24

And is that a real Geordie accent? It doesn't sound real but I'm no expert "OOOOOOOOooo Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!"
My favourite bits are when all the Archer children are falling out about money/inheritance -brilliant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: