Talk

Advanced search

Any car boot sale people out there?

(9 Posts)
PeaMcLean Mon 21-Jul-08 11:18:09

OK, so DS and I have cleared out his room which means we can see the carpet again.

but what on earth do we do with the stuff?

Am thinking car boot sale... DH not going to be happy with the stuff taking up a huge corner of the garage - he'll be desperate for me to take it to the tip.

Most of it is plastic tat. Small dinosaurs, McDonalds toys, cars, etc. I'm thinking of putting it in two big crates for rummaging through. How much per item? £1 or 50p?

Any other advice? Never done this before.

wotulookinat Mon 21-Jul-08 14:52:32

I don't know how well small toys, especially McDonalds one sell at boot sales. I have a rummage through boxes sometimes, but only if it's like 20p each or something.
Why not put them on freecycle and get rid of them that way?

PeaMcLean Mon 21-Jul-08 16:32:51

20p is fine smile There's masses of it, and some bigger toys too, not all plastic tat. I want to do something a bit more than freecycle just cos of the quantity really.

So what does sell well in terms of kids' toys? Or are car boot sales the wrong place for that?

wotulookinat Mon 21-Jul-08 18:10:42

Could you put them on here to sell?
I buy lots of toys for DS at car boot sales, and I think lots of people do. How about NCt sales as well?

misdee Mon 21-Jul-08 18:12:00

car boot sale, rummage box, 10p to £1 an item depending on what it is really.

wotulookinat Mon 21-Jul-08 18:15:40

And make sure that when people do rummage, you say 'make me an offer for the whole box if you like'. You never know!

mablemurple Mon 21-Jul-08 18:20:14

If that's all you will be taking to sell then I think it won't be worth it - you'll have the entrance fee to pay (£8.00 round here) and you probably won't sell all of it. Why not just take it to a charity shop?

Heated Mon 21-Jul-08 18:23:03

Wouldn't buy McDonald's toys so probably worth bagging up as a bundle and just sticker it 'make any offer' or you could just trying giving it away - as happened to me last time we went to a car boot sale & a triumphant ds (4) came up to me clutching a giant zebra that had 'kindly' been given to him free hmm

Depends what the other toys are but ds will pay between 50p-£1.

PeaMcLean Mon 21-Jul-08 20:47:34

£3 for the weekly one here.

Now have about four crates of small toys, a crate of larger items like xylophone and baby stuff, plus various large toys. Also some clothes.

And a plastic bath panel still in its wrapping hmm

I do charity shops if it's a bag at a time but this is a lot of stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now