Talk

Advanced search

Conservatories and loft conversions

(5 Posts)
WestCountryLass Sun 06-Feb-05 22:11:31

How much do they cost?

I know they will vary but on average what are we talking?

Caligula Sun 06-Feb-05 22:26:01

I had a loft conversion done 2 years ago and it was approximately £18K.

1 and a half rooms (half because the sloping roof means the height isn't legally a room - I use it as my office, so perfect for my purposes, but not everyone would want it - it would have been cheaper not to have it, but I wanted it), proper staircase that's better than the original one downstairs, built in shelves and wardrobe, and nice archetraving and storage.

You can get a dormer conversion (ie with the sloping rooves on both sides, but room not extended out) for cheaper - from about £14K.

I'm in Kent.

HTH

Branster Sun 06-Feb-05 22:31:50

We had a quote of £15K for a (smallish) conservatory. But I know someone who had theirs done of a simillar size for about £10 so it's worths shopping around and bargaining.
Our quote for a loft conversion was about £45K so we didn't bother.

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 06-Feb-05 22:34:26

A friend of mine paid £30K for her loft conversion last year (West London).

jenkel Sun 06-Feb-05 22:53:53

We have people starting our large conservatory this week and its £13K and we are in Herts. We were quoted huge price differences in conservatories, cheapest is the one we are going for, most expensive £22k. Quite happy to go for the cheapest as a friend of mine has just had one installed by the same company and its fine and she is really pleased with it.

I would also love a loft conversion, think they make lovely rooms but we have a bit of an issue with where to put another staircase.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: