Talk

Advanced search

Where do you store your DD's clothes?

(12 Posts)
DontNeedAnything Sat 19-Jul-08 17:31:51

Cos I sometimes wonder if drawers would be a better solution than a wardrobe for DTDs (7), but their wardrobe is chocca, so don't know if it fit in drzawers, and where would I put their dresses.

DD3 may loose her built in wardrobe when we buy her bed sue to access. She is 2.

shinyshoes Sat 19-Jul-08 17:33:58

I put the childrens clothes in plastic boxes in the bottom of the wardrobe as they kept breaking the drawers hmm. They have hanging space but they have tons that wont hang. One box is for pants, one is for p'j's one is for t-shirts and one is for shorts, jeans and jumpers get hung up

misdee Sat 19-Jul-08 17:36:18

combination of wardrobe and drawers/shelves.

dresses, school uniform get hung up, as do coats.

pj's in drawers, t-shirts, tops, skirts and jumpers are folded on shelves.

admylin Sat 19-Jul-08 17:41:27

4 of these for all our dc' clothes. Much better than wardrobes.

admylin Sat 19-Jul-08 17:43:34

When they were smaller I had boxes for undies and socks and small things but now they are abit older they just have them in their top drawer!

ComeOVeneer Sat 19-Jul-08 17:44:01

DS has his stuff in 2 chests of drawers and a small ikea set of drawer that sits ontop form pants/socks (he is 3). DD has a built in wardrobe with some hanging space and a load of shelves, plus a 2 drawer bedside unit fo underwear (she is 6).

twinsetandpearls Sat 19-Jul-08 17:45:42

dd is six she shares me dressing room, she ahs a chest of drawers for pyjamas, horse riding bits and shorts and t shorts. A little chest of drawers for underwear and then everything else hangs.

Seona1973 Sat 19-Jul-08 19:36:31

dd (4.8 years) has a built in wardrobe which has her tops, dresses, jackets hanging in it. Undies, pj's, trousers, shorts, skirts, etc go in drawers. ds (21 months) has a wardrobe for tops, jumpers, etc and the rest is in drawers. That wardrobe also has his sleeping bags, cot bedding, etc in it.

NigellaTheOriginal Sat 19-Jul-08 19:37:57

on the floor mostly despite them both owning drawers and wardrobe.
actually they don't keep any clothes in the wardrobe - except fancy dress ones.

lubyluby Sat 19-Jul-08 19:47:44

dd (2) has a chest of drawers in her bedroom and the hangign stuf goes in my bedroom as we ahve massive built in wardrobe running length of bedroom, too much wardrobe space even for the biggest shopaholic!

admylin Sat 19-Jul-08 19:59:18

Lol NigellaTheOriginal, that's my dd's favourite place for clothes too!

DontNeedAnything Sat 19-Jul-08 23:04:49

Hmm, well yes, I am ruling hte floor out of the equation. Although in this house I/Dp still put the clothes away so they do go into the wardrobe. The problem is the ones they pull off the hangers that fall to floor of wardrobe, and the dirty ones that don't make it to teh washing basket.

TBH I think they need a small wardrobe (which they have, but isn't really big enough) and then a bigger set of drawers for T-shirts. They already have their underwear & PJs drawers but there is not room for anything else, and there isn't room for bigger drawers without losing their wardrobe....

When they we little we added a second rail into a wardrobe, below the first so they had double the hanging space. Now they are bigger I can't do that cos their clothes are all too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now