Talk

Advanced search

Alton,Hampshire...anyone from there ?

(8 Posts)
binker Sun 06-Feb-05 12:34:49

After what seems an age in trying to sell our house it seems that we are finally going to be moving this spring...we are buying a house in Alton and I wondered whether there are any mumsnetters who live there ?

lapsedgymjunkie Sun 06-Feb-05 12:45:11

No Farnham, up the road in Surrey. Where are you moving from ??

binker Sun 06-Feb-05 15:59:21

West London - I know someone who lives in Wrecclesham...

piffle Sun 06-Feb-05 16:09:38

yes my dh worked there and still heads there once a week
what would you like to know or are you after friends type people, if so the nct down that way is really good value!!!!

binker Mon 07-Feb-05 09:58:49

just really what it's like to live there ! I'm prob. not in the market for nct as ds is 7 and an only child, but other kids things would be good..

mumbojumbo Mon 07-Feb-05 10:33:11

I live in Bracknell, but I have a very good friend who lives in Alton. She's got two children. I like the area a lot and in some ways wish I lived closer. I grew up in Farnham, which is about 10 miles away. I'll quiz her about stuff to do in the area. Have a look at this website as there is hopefully some useful info:

Hantsweb

There are some lovely villages nearby (great pubs - pre-children!), Alice Holt forest is a wonderful place to go walking. The Watercress Line is a steam railway which runs from Alton to Alresford.

There is also a good sports centre:

Sports centre info

HTH
mj

binker Mon 07-Feb-05 17:46:13

mumbojumbo- thanks very much - that's really helpful ! [grin}

binker Mon 07-Feb-05 17:46:51

dang- I meant !!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: