Talk

Advanced search

Question about babysitters.....

(16 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 09:16:47

Message withdrawn

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 09:18:41

maybe, but if dd2 was happy and not screaming for you then i wouldnt have wanted a call either. did she settle down after the sitter had gone home?

if dd2 was really upset and playing up and distraught i would've expected a call.

how was your night out?

Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 09:21:07

Message withdrawn

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 09:22:02

does your dd2 usually have a feed at that time?

Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 09:22:55

Message withdrawn

fisil Sun 06-Feb-05 09:24:55

I would do that as a babysitter so long as I knew the baby wasn't in distress. I assume you trust the babysitter to tell the difference between a baby in distress and one that is just finding it hard to settle. The only difference is that I probably wouldn't go into as much detail as your sitter - maybe just say she'd been unhappy without saying "screaming for a whole hour." That's certainly what I would prefer to hear as a parent coming home - and I would be careful not to ask to many questions in order not to get too much detail!

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 06-Feb-05 09:25:49

I'd have felt the same as you Yorkiegirl - ok, dd was awake and not wanting to settle, but as you say, she was playing happily with the sitter, no problem. The sitter made a sensible, mature decision.

What did you have at the restaurant?

Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 09:27:01

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 09:28:27

Message withdrawn

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 06-Feb-05 09:28:31

I don't understand why your dh is so cross tbh.

Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 09:28:59

Message withdrawn

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 06-Feb-05 09:29:02

yum yum yum yum .

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 06-Feb-05 09:54:07

Yorkie, I'm completely with you. Don't understand your DH's reaction really. We've been out and come back to find one child or the other up on occaision. I was always pleased that the babysitter hadn't called. I have one gorgeous babysitter who when DD2 had an unexpected accident whilst we were out, changed her and her bedsheets and put her back to bed. She put the wet stuff in the w/machine and gave it a wash.

I think that if it was just because your DD wouldn't settle then fine. I'd hold on to her. She sounds incredibly sensible. You may end up with a babysitter who calls everytime one of your children farts. Hope your DH has calmed down today.

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the Japanese restaurant.

Ameriscot2005 Sun 06-Feb-05 09:57:02

Sounds like the sitter did a great job, IMO.

Yorkiegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 14:11:27

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Sun 06-Feb-05 14:23:19

I don't think she should have called you either and think your dh is being very unreasonable. Agree though, as long as you trust her to tell the difference between serious and not serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now