Talk

Advanced search

those with a larger gap between first and second children or those who haven't yet conceived their 2nd ....

(10 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 17-Jul-08 13:47:02

did you keep all your baby stuff from the first time around or did you have to get it all over again? how old is your dc?

keevamum Thu 17-Jul-08 13:49:07

I had to get it all over again. So after DD2 I am keeping all her stuff just in case. There is a 6 year gap by the way.

justRia Thu 17-Jul-08 13:53:28

I kept EVERYTHING! 7 year gapblush

and I kept most things for DS3 (only 3 year gap). I was lucky they were all DSs!

This time ithas to gowink

Reags Thu 17-Jul-08 13:58:08

Hi girls, I have a 11 yr old DS and after many losses & 4 attempts at IVF we finally have our 5 month DD. I still had a few toys from previous and use them, also kept a beaut Mama's n papa's pram. Been a bit of a struggle getting back into "sleepless nights", but its all worth it. But yeh, mostly had to get everything again (in pink) lol.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Thu 17-Jul-08 13:59:46

Nope we thought for a long time that DS1 would be our first and last, got rid of absolutely everything, (except the sentimental things, y'know, like his cord stump ) so had to buy it all again when we went for DS2. There is 5 years between them.

coolkat Thu 17-Jul-08 14:16:25

I am pregnant with number two and I had got rid of everything. Apart from new pushchair/pram I have bought most of the things we need from friends as you soon learn how much you money you waste. Do wish I had kept clothes though. DD will be 6 by the time this one is born!

Tas1 Thu 17-Jul-08 19:13:46

10.5 yr gap between 1st and 2nd child, so I bought new.

lulumama Thu 17-Jul-08 19:16:39

almost 6 years between mine

kept everything except cot mattress and buggy

bought new pram as my sister got my old one, which then broke!

had kept all bedding , clothes, towels etc..

however i had a ds then a dd so bought new clothes and bedding in more girly colours!

lots of my old boy clothes went to my sister when she had DS and to a friend.

i save everything

i sent some of DDs outgrown stuff to a MNer recently.

Tinker Thu 17-Jul-08 19:28:39

8 year gap and had kept loads (though had no reason to at the time blush)

andiem Thu 17-Jul-08 19:32:20

I kept everything as I never expected it to take 4 years and ivf to have ds2 I have a 7 year gap I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of anything as it would have meant no more babies to me sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now