Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Relocation - south coast

(15 Posts)
Kaz33 Sat 05-Feb-05 19:08:20

We are considering relocating to the south coast - between Brighton to Bournemouth. We have 2 nights staying in Arundel to check the place out.

Can you south coast mumsnetters help ?

1. Where are the family areas in the catchment areas for the good schools in Bournemouth/ Poole and Brighton ? Both primary and secondary. We want to have a drive round and check them out.

2. Any good recommendations for restaurants ? We intend to have a night out in Bournemouth/Poole and one in Brighton. Good cheapish Italian and maybe a Chinese or Indian.

3. Anywhere else we should look ?
Thanks

lowcalCOD Sat 05-Feb-05 19:08:39

My sister lives in chich - she likes it

Kaz33 Sat 05-Feb-05 19:10:09

I know Chichester looks gorgeous, great shops, very attractive - just thought it might be a bit quiet.

Frizbe Sat 05-Feb-05 19:16:47

for me anywhere in the New Forest, always seems lovely when I've been down there, quite like Christchurch/Muddiford as well, but I imagine very pricey.

bunny2 Sat 05-Feb-05 21:01:24

Kaz, we are in Boscombe, bournemouth. There is an excellent primary here but it is difficult to get in if you are not a church goer, there are also 2 grammar schools nearby. Christchurch also has some good primaries and Twynhams Secondary in Christchurch si meant tobe excellent.

What is your budget?

We moved 2 years ago and LOVE it

Lonelymum Sat 05-Feb-05 21:06:44

You are talking about a very large area Kaz33. Can't you narrow it down a bit before you come looking? A lot may depend on yur budget as certain areas are very expensive. Do you want town or country?

stringbean Sat 05-Feb-05 21:11:56

Although its not right on the coast, I live between Southampton and Winchester. We have excellent state primary and secondary schools, and those in Winchester itself are equally good. Winchester is an hour from London on the train, we're close to the M3 and M27 for the coast, 20 minutes from Portsmouth for the ferries to France and close enough to get to the New Forest, South Downs or beaches in Bournemouth. Downside is not as much nightlife as you'd get in Bournemouth though (or Brighton, come to that), a bit pricey and maybe a bit 'burbish, but lots of families in the area.

Lonelymum Sat 05-Feb-05 21:13:26

Expensive ++++++++++++++ though wouldn't you say stringbean?

SPARKLER1 Sat 05-Feb-05 21:15:15

I live in Poole and it is a really beautiful place. Tend to take it for granted though living here. It's only since I've had dds that I have started to really appreciate the surrounding area. House prices have shot up around here though - mind you haven't they everywhere? There are stacks of restaurants around here. Maybe when you've pinpointed where exactly you are thinking of visiting - we can lead you in a direction for a good restaurant. Happy hunting. xx

stringbean Sat 05-Feb-05 21:32:26

It is an expensive area lonelymum (I'd love to live in Winchester, but no chance!), but am imagining Kaz33 moving out of London with London-sized budget! Not sure if this is the case though........

Lonelymum Sat 05-Feb-05 21:33:30

Oh right. I grew up in Winch and parents still live there. Prices there exceed many parts of London I think.

Kaz33 Sat 05-Feb-05 22:37:20

Max budget £350K - need 4 bedder though. Preferably in town/city.

polly28 Sat 05-Feb-05 22:47:57

I live western edge of new forest.Great local schools,house prices really high.Around 300-400 for 4 bed house in Ringwood.Thats a house on an estate.
Cheaper housing closer to ferndown or verwood but not much.
Salisbury is nice aswell,don't know about schools or prices though.
Have fun looking

lowcalCOD Sun 06-Feb-05 08:12:38

salis lovely adn good schools

fostermum Sun 06-Feb-05 08:45:01

nutbourne is good,im here!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now