Talk

Advanced search

is this an o.k idea ?

(12 Posts)
cheeryface Wed 16-Jul-08 13:16:37

for retiring headmaster

either a tankard or a trophy engraved with sonething like J* and H** would like to award this to Mr G** for being the worlds best headteacher

??? and maybe a bottle of wine to go with ??

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChipButty Wed 16-Jul-08 13:19:47

The trophy is a lovely idea if he has meant a lot to your children.

TheProvincialLady Wed 16-Jul-08 13:19:53

My DH is a teacher and TBH we throw away 99% of the best teacher tat he gets given. It is very kindly meant and he is grateful, but what are you actually meant to do with it? I agree that the wine and letter would be much appreciated.

Legoleia Wed 16-Jul-08 13:19:55

A "Best Headteacher" cup from just your family? Or from the entire school?

Flier Wed 16-Jul-08 13:20:04

Something drawn or written by the children and a nice letter from you, and a good bottle of wine. He may get hundred of tankards.

cheeryface Wed 16-Jul-08 13:21:50

it's just from my boys as he has meant alot to them

cheeryface Wed 16-Jul-08 13:22:53

don't want to just get wine as we got him a voucher and wine when my eldest was leaving.

Legoleia Wed 16-Jul-08 13:24:11

It's a nice idea but surely all the children in the school will have been important to him, and he can't keep a keepsake from every one of them, can he?

How about clubbing together and organising a really sentimental keepsake from the entire class/year/school?

Flier Wed 16-Jul-08 13:24:15

Do the same again, then, but I'd write a letter saying just how your 2 dcs feel about him

cheeryface Wed 16-Jul-08 13:24:36

oh, and can anyone recommend a good red wine as i don't drink the stuff!

cheeryface Wed 16-Jul-08 13:25:37

the whole school have clubbed together , but i wanted to give him something just from us aswell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now