Talk

Advanced search

real longshot but does anyone live in Dagenham?

(12 Posts)
2shoes Tue 15-Jul-08 21:15:02

hope I spelt it right

Littleface Tue 15-Jul-08 21:16:14

I have family v close who I will be with for 6 weeks from fri?

2shoes Tue 15-Jul-08 21:18:05

ok now as I say this is a real long shot.
I am trying to find someone who could do me a MASIVE favour.
to do this you have to like church yards and graves

Littleface Tue 15-Jul-08 21:22:17

Does anyone like church yards and graves?! Whats the favour?

2shoes Tue 15-Jul-08 21:31:48

have a look at this
I would like to find someone who can go to the church and find a grave for me, photograph it and email me the photo.
Like I say a long shot.
I can't see that I would be able to go there , as arranging it round dd would be a nightmare.

Littleface Tue 15-Jul-08 22:03:25

Shouldnt be a problem, been a while since I've been to Dagenham. Do you know the nearest station?. E mail me alyson k brown @hotmail.co.uk (no spaces)

2shoes Tue 15-Jul-08 22:11:58

oh don't do it if you have to get a train. I will wait.

fishie Tue 15-Jul-08 22:15:42

i love churchyards and graves. am in east london, so dagenham is not entirely strange to me. tell us 2shoes, is it family mission?

2shoes Tue 15-Jul-08 22:25:47

it is. my mums family grave is there. so my grandparents and a uncle and aunt who died in child hood are ther. plus a uncle (who i never met) has his ashes there.
with the way church yards are built on. I kind of wanted to "see" it.

fishie Tue 15-Jul-08 22:33:43

it isn't easy for me to get there (do not drive and not on my line) but perhaps we can keep bumping it.

also i do live in an area of three graveyards within walking distance so would be happy to offer to do this for other mners. city of london cemetery is very close.

2shoes Tue 15-Jul-08 22:35:15

well I am in brighton so can do it in brighton.
(I have just had a weird vision of a grave lookes topic)

eidsvold Fri 18-Jul-08 03:35:07

oh if I knew whether one of my relatives was buried in city of london - I would get you to do it for me.

I have a many greats grandfather who was buried somewhere in London we think and I am at a loss now to find out where.

I love doing this for people BUT I am in aus and so can only do some here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now