Talk

Advanced search

Gah ! Have I made a rubbish present choice for DH?

(9 Posts)
Judd Tue 15-Jul-08 21:12:25

DH wanted a Space Pen so that he could lie in bed and do the crossword (Space Pen writes upside down and seems to be used for all sorts of noble, death defying pursuits.....crosswords not being one of them)
Anyway, I ordered one off the Internet and even had it engraved "To DH, love Judd" - very stiff upperlipped and brisk incase he wanted to lend it to somebody. It came today, and it's bullet sized! Admittedly, it did say that on the website, but it didn't click at all that that's what it meant. Will he be able to hold it comfortably in his great hairy mitt for the duration of a crossword? It's about the size of the little pens in Argos or IKEA, I would think.
Or am I in line for Rubbish Present Giver Of The Year Award?

cocolepew Tue 15-Jul-08 21:14:15

Did the engraving fit on it? Or is it like todhlovefr...? I think it's a very good present. I would like one.

cocolepew Tue 15-Jul-08 21:14:15

Did the engraving fit on it? Or is it like todhlovefr...? I think it's a very good present. I would like one.

Hulababy Tue 15-Jul-08 21:15:52

If DH wanted a space pen the he probably knows how small they are. TBH all the space pens I have seen are this size do they do them bigger?

I want one too - I also like to do crosswords in bed, whilst laid down

SquiffyHock Tue 15-Jul-08 21:16:14

Buy a Russian Space Pen. A pencil grin

Seriously though, he will love it and you can tell him the whole story.

Lionstar Tue 15-Jul-08 21:17:20

I gave DP one years ago and he still loves it. I think the lid end comes off and slots on the other end, making it a longer pen IYSWIM.

Judd Tue 15-Jul-08 21:18:08

Oh! So they all might be bullet sized? Engraving is fine, I just wondered that the pen might be a bit uncomfy to hold for any length of time.
I might go and have another look ...could be pleasantly surprised!
Hula - Harrison and Simmonds website did free delivery and it came the next day! Recommended.

wigparty Tue 15-Jul-08 22:37:32

Sounds like a lovely pressie Judd, a vital tool for every in-bed crossword fanatic grin

shreddies Tue 15-Jul-08 22:39:47

I've got a space pen. They are fab, lovely and heavy, and a decent length when the lid is slotted onto the end

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: