Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nephew's 5th birthday - best present for £30?

(7 Posts)
melrose Tue 15-Jul-08 11:35:01

Calling on MN for inspiration. by nephew is 5 next week, want to go into town and buy a present, budget around £30, would like one "big" present as he has very little other family, so only gets presents from his parents us and another aunty. Thanks x

freshprincess Tue 15-Jul-08 22:31:18

For Christmas my DT (both boys) got a play mat with a town on it. They also gots loads of matchbox cars, trucks, motorbikes, endless variations of Lightening McQueen and they play for hours with it.

wrinklytum Tue 15-Jul-08 22:34:28

DS nearly 5 is really into Lego at the moment,(we have graduated to the little Lego.)Its a fab toy apart from when you stand on it in barefeet or accidentally suck it up the Hoover pipe A Lego set will be played with for ages.

PortAndLemon Tue 15-Jul-08 22:35:12

Playmobil? Castle/dragon/knights stuff might go down well.

Love2bake Tue 15-Jul-08 22:37:02

Yes would second lego, the Indiana and star wars versions are very popular with boys.

Bowddee Tue 15-Jul-08 22:39:56

Lego is great - my brother got my DS a hug box of Lego for his birthday. Cost about £30. It's a 'general' one though which gives DS a bit more freedom with it, and it's easy to add to.

Bowddee Tue 15-Jul-08 22:44:19

That would be a huge box. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now