Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone watched The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift - and how would you feel if you knew that your 7 and 4yr old watced it???

(4 Posts)
FAQ Mon 14-Jul-08 13:27:47

Discovered yesterday that H let the DS's watch this movie yesterday when he had them - I've never seen it, but I have discovered that it's a 12A rated movie.

I'm quite strict with the ratings on movies/games etc for the DS's - but occasionaly I have let them watch something that's rated higher than their age if it's something I've already watched in full and feel that it's ok for them (IYKWIM) - there have been some that I@ve watched with them that I have felt

However, I've NO idea what it's about, and because of that I don't know whther it's something I would have let them watch, or what they'll have seen in it.

NomDePlume Mon 14-Jul-08 13:30:20

As far I know it is just lots of showing off in Japanese cars. Dunno about the language/sex/violence content though. Sorry, not helpful at all.

However, I do think that from what I know of the first F&F films that it is unsuitable for a young child, not least because it is about illegal street racing (although I doubt a 4yo will have much concept of that anyway) but more because it just isn't a child's film.

mumblechum Mon 14-Jul-08 13:42:15

It wouldn't particularly bother me, tho' I've seen it the only memory I have is of macho men speeding around in fast cars. Don't recall any shagging/particularly violent bits.

Boys of 7 are likely to quite enjoy petrol head movies, I would have thought.

FAQ Mon 14-Jul-08 13:53:23

thanks - so it sounds like it's just fast cars and street racing - I can live with that (although I bet he never watched it with them hmm))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now