Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Relocation to South(ish) England - ideas for good areas please please?

(8 Posts)
pinkmamma Fri 04-Feb-05 08:56:38

Have finally decided can take no more of lovely woolly west wales and time to return to my homeland . DP in policeforce so he can pretty much transfer anywhere. I have my own business doing holistic and beauty therapies so first requirement is somewhere not overun by other therapists?

Other requirements would be - looking for VictorianEd/Georg older property pref up to £250k so we don't get huge stamp duty but up to 300k

Good schools (DS is coming up for 3)

Friendly area with plenty to do for familes

Any advice and ideas would be REALLY appreciated

TracyK Fri 04-Feb-05 08:59:27

how far east are you looking to go? I love Bath and it's surrounding areas - or Dorchester (right down south) - or the New Forest.

lockets Fri 04-Feb-05 09:02:02

Message withdrawn

lou33 Fri 04-Feb-05 09:02:17

sw surrey is good, lots of good schools

munnzieb Fri 04-Feb-05 09:09:35

what's wrong with West wales?? (that's where I am!)

er, i'd recommend the new forrest, def not southampton, er, denmead/southwick are ok but not sure on the schools. I think in the new forrest they're fairly small if you can get into a local villiage one.

Tiggus Fri 04-Feb-05 09:22:45

Villages around Cambridge, eg Comberton where there is a good school and not too pricey.

pinkmamma Fri 04-Feb-05 11:33:16

Thanks for your help so far... am off to search for property in those areas now... another few hours on the internet

West WAles is fine and dandy... just not me!

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 13:27:55

come here to salisbury! and you can give me some treatments gratis!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now