Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tattoos - How much does a lower back one really hurt??

(23 Posts)
Phoenix Fri 11-Jul-08 20:59:38

I'm getting one tomorrow. The design is on my profile if you want to comment on that too wink.

I've already got one on my upper left arm so kinda know but does it hurt much more on your lower back?

Be honest

Lovemyshoes Fri 11-Jul-08 21:04:53

I love the design BUT to be honest, I can't give comment about lower back, some of my friends have said it does hurt and some of my friends fell asleep as they didn't feel a thing.

By the way, I've been in touch with my tattooist today and going for a consultation in a couple of week grin

moonmother Fri 11-Jul-08 21:05:44

My ex had one done before I did and he screamed the tattoo parlour down.
The tattooist told him it hurts more there because its bony and there's alot of nerve endings there.

I had mine done 3 years ago in the same place and yes it hurt but I didn't scream the place down, and to be honest by the time it got to filling it in I'd got used to it.

Nice design by the waygrin

kittyvonditty Fri 11-Jul-08 21:06:48

Its fine, especially if you have given birth!

Lovemyshoes Fri 11-Jul-08 21:07:10

By the way Pheonix, just read your profile and I live v v near you, where are you going for your tattoo?

DanJARMouse Fri 11-Jul-08 21:09:43

lower back - pain not toooo bad in comparrison to labour, but it was the bending forward on a chair letting all the blood rush to your head.

i passed out and threw up on the shop floor after mine!

Phoenix Fri 11-Jul-08 21:10:45

LoveMyShoes - I'm going to one in Wakefield. Dragon in town. Where are you?

Thanks for the replies.

I had a c-section so not technically given birth but did go through hours of labour first

SoupKitchen Fri 11-Jul-08 21:12:47

Lower back didn't hurt, just felt like someone had turned a TENS machine up too highgrin

Btw I had an epidural in labour, so its not like I don't feel pain iyswim

Lovemyshoes Fri 11-Jul-08 21:18:29

Pheonix, i'm going to modern savage in wakefield, apparently wiper is THE best

Phoenix Fri 11-Jul-08 21:22:07

I looked at that one LMS but daren't go in cos 2 men were stood in the doorway having a cuppa blush

My brother has had a few done at Dragon and my Dh had one last week there so thought i may as well go there too

Lovemyshoes Fri 11-Jul-08 21:28:35

not heard of the one that you are going to to be honest, but, i can understand how daunting that must of been.

ALOT of my friends have sleeves, back pieces and full body tatts so i go where they recommend.

I spoke to the guys from modern savage on the phone today and they are the friendliest guys ever.

Phoenix Fri 11-Jul-08 21:36:12

It's just round the corner to Modern Savage really. It's on The Springs.

Where on your body are you getting yours? Have you got any already?

I got my other one when I was 17 and don't really like it anymore. It's a dolphin supposedly leaping through the sun. But it doesn't look much like the sun, just a red circle hmm

duomonstermum Fri 11-Jul-08 22:22:50

like the design. DH just had his 6th done on the back of his neck, just below the neckline of his t-shirt. it's a barcode with the kids dates of birth. looks nice. tatooist had a great laugh while doing it. told DH that he'd have to tell them to scan it each time they wanted somethinggrin he said it would be worn out within 24hrsgringrin think i'll get mine done on my foot. quite like the look of one but i'm not sure of the pain.

Phoenix Sat 12-Jul-08 16:04:04

All done

Wasn't too bad actually. The tattooist said i sat very well and he hates tattooing women who jump and scream

It's stinging now though.

katpotat Sat 12-Jul-08 16:17:35

Mine was low enough to hurt even when wearing pants! It healing was more painful than having it done smile Love your design too grin

sillybillybee Sat 12-Jul-08 16:25:23

phoenix thats the same design i've been thinking of getting lol (found it on a website). Glad it wasn't too bad, its not the pain thats making me wait i just need to save up for it, if you don't mind me asking how big did you have it done and how much did it cost?

Phoenix Sat 12-Jul-08 16:48:11

I'll get Dh to measure it later if you want but it took just short of an hour to do and was £80.

Amphibimum Sat 12-Jul-08 17:02:07

had my lower back tattooed about 10 yrs ago, but ive never had any other tattoos so cant compare pain levels. it kind of felt more irritating than painful, like i was being scratched for ages by an insect or something. kept having to suppress urge to reach behind me and bat the mans hand away.

Amphibimum Sat 12-Jul-08 17:05:08

a friend and i got the same thing done <cheesy i know>. i asked to have mine lower down than hers, so i can conceal it if i want to. it only shows if i wear low cut trews and short tops - not something that happens these days, what with post babies jelly belly stretchmarks. hers was higher up and visible much more.

Phoenix Sat 12-Jul-08 17:14:14

Sillybillybee - It's around 6" accross and 3" high. Picture on my profile now

SparklyGothKat Sat 12-Jul-08 17:46:42

I like that!! I have been umming and erring over a lower back tattoo for ages now. Dh is going to the tattooist on monday to get his leg one finished, so might ask him to ask how much one would be.

SoulCalSai Sat 23-Aug-08 11:01:15

I'm getting my lower back done on Monday and I'm really scared! My sister had her foot done again the other day. She doesnt feel a thing! My partner had the back of her neck between her shoulder blades done and didnt feel a thing either!

piratecat Sat 23-Aug-08 11:03:33

mine hurt alot, i was surprised/shocked. I could NOT understand people who had said 'oh they don't hurt'!!

Maybe its a pain threshold thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now