Talk

Advanced search

Cars and good manners - what annoys you?

(5 Posts)
SNoraWotzThat Thu 10-Jul-08 18:22:18

Why do other people's children get into my car and eat and drink in it, can't they wait 10 minutes till I drop them off. It's not food I have given them, so where do they find it and why wait till they are in my car?

How do you say "please don't eat sweets or drink in the car" without sounding like you are an old nag bag?

We have a clean car, I keep it tidy so I don't have to spend time cleaning it. It is nice to get in, it is my space, not a bin or a cafe. Every other part of my life is a messy child area, but please, not in the car.

claricebeansmum Thu 10-Jul-08 19:22:24

This is one of my bug bears too.

We generally do not eat or drink in the car and I cannot understand the children who cannot wait to get home. My particular favourite was the boy with crumbly muffin.

I just come out with it - sound like an old bat but it is MY car and that's the deal. If you don't like it get your own mum to pick you up grin

SNoraWotzThat Thu 10-Jul-08 19:52:13

That's right cbm, or they can walk....
<nodding and crossing arms>

claricebeansmum Thu 10-Jul-08 19:54:15

I think it is very indicative of the "instant" nature of society. On a long journey we will stop for meal/snack and have bottles of water and perhaps the odd sweet if I am feeling lenient!

Oh and the smell of food in the car.
Smells like something has died in the boot.

greenelizabeth Thu 10-Jul-08 20:01:50

If I am letting a car go ahead of me, or slip in, I do a sort of sweeping gesture with my hand, a gracious 'you go ahead' gesture.

BUT some people don't do that angry , they do an agressive 'go, go, GO!' gesture. That takes all the generosity out of it. They think that I'm on their road, in their way, slowing them down.

That really farking annoys me. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now