Talk

Advanced search

Why do some women ignore their children's needs for the sake of a bloke?

(11 Posts)
yorkshirepudding Thu 10-Jul-08 16:38:39

Message withdrawn

gingerninja Thu 10-Jul-08 16:40:47

Probably would agree but what about the father? He's irresponsible too.

yorkshirepudding Thu 10-Jul-08 16:44:36

Message withdrawn

itati Thu 10-Jul-08 17:07:54

My mother did this to me 36 years ago. Times never change. sad

gingerninja Thu 10-Jul-08 20:53:37

but he wasn't there for his kids either was really my point. I wouldn't condone her behaviour but the errant father is always excused of any responsibility and it bugs me.

Shitemum Thu 10-Jul-08 20:56:44

Because our basic urge is to procreate so mating has priority over the welfare of existing children...

...and because they were a pair of morons.

gingerninja Thu 10-Jul-08 21:01:51

grin shitemum

WilyWombat Thu 10-Jul-08 21:16:22

Some women are so desperate not to be alone they will put up with any old idiot and neglect their children rather than stand on their own two feet.

The worrying thing is their children will grow up to think this behaviour is normal and carry on the same themselves...sad really.

OrmIrian Thu 10-Jul-08 21:18:16

Because women think with their genitals sometimes, just like men.

spicemonster Thu 10-Jul-08 21:20:10

Some women do. A lot of men walk out the door and have nothing more to do with their children at all. What's worse?

WilyWombat Thu 10-Jul-08 21:41:45

You kind of grow up knowing some men are irresponsible prats but I just kind of assume women are more intelligent and caring.

I dont understand why people who dont intend to care for their children actually keep having them - why not bypass the kids and just live life as an irresponsible shag fest if thats what you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now