Talk

Advanced search

Yellow vomit in dog, what may be causing it?

(7 Posts)
Chandra Thu 03-Feb-05 09:10:16

She has had it for nearly 4 months, I have taken her to the vet twice, but both times they told me they didn't find anything unusual, but she keeps bringing up this liquid yellow vomit. I'm worried for her, normally she looks very tired during the day after she has had the problem... What does it mean, I have changed her food several times but the problem persists, and the vets (have tried two diferent ones) can't find anything. Any ideas?

TwoIfBySea Thu 03-Feb-05 21:08:30

Could she be munching on grass while outside? That can cause dogs to vomit although you can usually see pieces of grass in it - nice.

Also some dogs can eat things they are not supposed to, like slugs and horrible things in the garden, without you even noticing it and despite it making them sick will keep eating whatever it is. Oh and there are plants and certain gardening products (some kinds of mulch) that cause allergies in dogs.

Hope that is of some use to you.

oatcake Thu 03-Feb-05 21:13:12

my cat was stressed when we moved house and she too vomited yellow. investigations found that that her liver was a bit enlarged and higher than it should be. She's fine now.

miggy Thu 03-Feb-05 21:14:19

When does she do it, what kind of dog, how often, how old is the dog, what investigations have the vets done?
Answers on a postcard please

wild Thu 03-Feb-05 21:23:57

Yeah, I thought grass too. They eat grass and then sick up all this foamy bile stuff, green/yellow.

Chandra Fri 04-Feb-05 02:15:33

She doesn't have many oportunities for grazing to be honest, we only have conifers in our patio and that's the only place out of the inside of the house were she is unsupervised.

Miggy, she is a 4-5 yrs old yorkie, she was tested for diabetes which she hadn't and in the other occasions the vets just had a tactile revision of her belly; as she seemed very bloated the doctor suggested to change her food from IAMS to James Well Beloved. The bloating is gone now (she is definitively less smelly as well), however the vomit persists even when I have been changing to a different JWB product every month

miggy Fri 04-Feb-05 21:08:39

Is it just at night-sometimes that can be an empty stomach and just giving a plain biscuit last thing will do the trick.
Otherwise probiotics added to food for 6 weeks are sometimes really helpful, your vet could sort you some.
Or increased fibre-are her poohs ok? sometimes bloating and yellow vom can be a colitis type problem and extra fibre powder (again from vet) can be helpful.
Would go back and say you are not happy, please could they get to the bottom of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: