Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brit in America!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

(7 Posts)
pinkroses Wed 02-Feb-05 22:13:51

Hi. I have arrived in Florida and have just got broadband sorted......weather not so great, but that's ok...I'm here!!!!

Just a question for American folk....where can I meet some friends as I know nobody here and feel a little lost!!!

How would I find mums groups or stuff????? I've been looking on notice boards and things, but can't see any advertised.

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 23:05:22

Pinkroses, post a new message to Sunchowder or KateandtheGirls so they will spot you (they are in Florida too).

Weather not so great??? You should try Lancashire in Feb!

pinkroses Thu 03-Feb-05 17:02:46

Thanks JanH. The weather is lovely today......so I'm gonna go and play in the pool in Feb!!!! How great is this

Frizbe Thu 03-Feb-05 17:41:09

I'm jealous, still I'll be in Florida too come Easter

lunarx Fri 04-Feb-05 14:47:28

:giggles:
i'm the other way 'round ! (american in the UK)

you might want to have a look on
http://britishexpats.com/forum - you might be able to find some help on locating other local moms etc.

good luck..

ps: if you dont mind me asking, what brought you to the states?

expatinscotland Fri 04-Feb-05 15:03:05

From another US expat to the UK, enjoy the sun!

Gem13 Fri 04-Feb-05 15:15:41

Lucky you!

I spent a month in Atlanta with the children recently while DH worked and was shameless about accosting people at library storytimes and the children's section in bookshops. I made a couple of really nice aquaintances that way.

It was hard though as there didn't seem to be the toddler groups, music groups, NCT groups like here. The women I met said they found it hard to meet other mothers which I found sad. It seemed that most women had returned to work and their kids were in daycare.

I posted my details on a couple of websites and had a couple of people contact me. Nothing came from these but it might if I'd been around for longer.

mothering.com was one another was atlanta mommas (maybe do a search on where you are with mommas or moms in the title).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now