Talk

Advanced search

Fuming!

(5 Posts)
cheekychops03 Wed 02-Feb-05 21:28:29

Well, actually, I've calmed down a bit now but I'm still really really p'd off.
I went in to my 'local' Wetherspoons with my nearly two year old this lunchtime because he wanted to eat a meal by the 'big boat' (Cutty Sark). As I was on my own, I went to the bar to ask if they were doing kids meals and how I could go about ordering something. The girl at the bar told me to leave the bar as children were not allowed at the bar. I asked how I could order drinks and food as I was on my own, only to be told that it was not her problem and she was only telling me the rules and to leave the bar area. I was so stunned at her off-handedness and unhelpful attitude that I just said, 'right, you've just lost my custom' and walked out. As I was going, I nearly turned round and asked to speak to the manager but as I had a hungry child and knew it was going to take me at least half an hour to get home, I decided to jump on a train pronto.
I'm going to write a letter to the manager but I am so cross that they could be unhelpful. They advertise themselves as child friendly yet will not help a parent by themself. Surely they could have offered to come over to a table and take my order. Its not as if they were busy.......

Bellie Wed 02-Feb-05 21:31:48

I can't believe the unhelpfulness of the girl - definately write the letter!
Hope you had a nice lunch when you got home

oatcake Wed 02-Feb-05 21:32:52

Sort 'em out!

I took ds, at 8 weeks old to Bar Ha Ha (as my breasts were ready to explode) I was told they didn't allow children under in any circumstances.

Dh and I went in just before xmas and they've revised their rules, probably because of the how they missed out on a lot of business.

Must admit, we felt like lepers and vowed never to go there again...

Chase it up. How you were treated was wrong.

Frizbe Wed 02-Feb-05 21:35:33

You are perfectly right to be seething as that is the only place to order in our local Wetherspoons, as I assume it is in them all, I'd have been bloomin raging too! complain a plenty, but not just to the manager, just cc them in on the main letter, which should be to head office, and expect at least a free meal for the whole family back, along with a letter of apology, they need to remember customers are their only business.....

moondog Wed 02-Feb-05 21:37:34

chch, I've often wondered about that anomaly, especially as I'm often on my own with the children for long periods. Write as letter AND give a description of the offender with time and date. Should get you a free meal at least.

When dd was very small we used to go to the cinema a lot, until one day we were stopped by a jobsworth who told us we couldn't go in. I promised to lea ve immediately if dd so much as squeaked but he said that that wasn't the issue.
As it was a '15' she couldn't come in (she was 7 wks old ffs! What did SHE care??)

Letter resulted in some free tickets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now