Talk

Advanced search

Pressie ideas for 2yr old dd needed....

(11 Posts)
caspercat Wed 09-Jul-08 14:15:00

Has anyone got something for their 2yr old that was a huge hit & they still play with months or even years down the line? Want to get it right this time, as most of her Xmas toys weren't successful! She's liked - dolly buggy & crib, ELC doll house,ELC happy people figures, various crafty things. Didn't like - Megablocks, pretendy cooker thing (though was cheap, flimsy foreign one bought by my useless dad), kiddies cd player thingy, Fimbles plastic rucksack with pretend make-up in hmm (another well-meant but rubbish family gift).
Any ideas welcomed, thankyou muchly xxx

bubblagirl Wed 09-Jul-08 14:18:44

disney princess aqua draw?

Kewcumber Wed 09-Jul-08 14:19:23

brio trains and tracks

caspercat Wed 09-Jul-08 14:20:37

Got her a mini one of those a while back. Not really a hit. She gets frustrated cos she wants to colour everything "lellow", but of course you have no choice with that!
Thanks for your reply though xx

caspercat Wed 09-Jul-08 14:21:36

Sorry, x posts! Got her the aqua draw, i meant. Not heard of Brio stuff, will google it, thanks xx

scattercushion Wed 09-Jul-08 14:23:47

it's my dd second birthday today! And the presents that have gone down well so far are: Charlie and Lola printing stamps and ink and a woman's purse! She is obsessed with my purse so I have given her one of her own with photos, pennies and 'credit' cards in it. Also an umbrella.

LittlePeanut Wed 09-Jul-08 14:27:01

My 2yr old LOVES her bubble gun (from Woolworths). No way resembles a gun by the way!

Alo playdough and the tools that come with it - rolling pin, cutter things etc.

Kewcumber Wed 09-Jul-08 14:34:58

peppa pig stuff - particularly the house.

TigerFeet Wed 09-Jul-08 14:36:26

A trike with a parent handle so you can push her about - dd got one for her 2nd birthday and loved it

Ditto swing for the garden

Ditto Weeble Village

caspercat Wed 09-Jul-08 22:36:50

Thanks again for some great ideas. She already has play-doh, & between them the GPs are buying her a trike & a trampoline. Loved the Brio, never seen that before, is a def maybe.

Weeble Village - do Weebles still exist? WOW.

Any more??

TwoFir Thu 10-Jul-08 16:59:23

the smaller lego is much better than the megablocks
train sets are popular here
play tents and tunnels also a big hit
scooter if you think she could do it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now