Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

a silly question, but......

(6 Posts)
kid Wed 02-Feb-05 17:12:00

my new fridge / freezer has just arrived. Am I meant to plug it in for a certain amount of time before I use it?

They told me not to switch it on for a couple of hours as they have been moving it around and the gases (?) have to settle.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 02-Feb-05 17:13:15

Yeah, you need to leave it be for a few hours to let the freon or whatever sort itself out. Then I'd let it chill for an hour at least to get the fridge to a good temprature, and wait until the freezer is frozen before using it.

beachyhead Wed 02-Feb-05 17:13:18

You can plug it in, but don't switch it on for about an hour or two..... (so no real need to plug in in really!!!)

kid Wed 02-Feb-05 17:15:49

they plugged it in for me. They also removed all the packaging and took it all away for me. What nice people!

Gwenick Wed 02-Feb-05 17:16:43

HAve a read of the instructions - it'll tell you how long to leave it before putting stuff in/switching on.

kid Wed 02-Feb-05 19:26:31

I was being lazy earlier, if I had to read the instructions that meant I had to go and get them!

I have read them now and I have to leave it for 2 hours before I switch it on and leave it on for 3 hours before I put any food in there.

Thanks for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now