Advanced search

Jack and Jill Bathroom

(27 Posts)
MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 21:05:10

Anyone have one are they worth it in a new house

MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 21:28:03

anyone?

jampots Tue 01-Feb-05 21:29:19

ooh i've just been designing a house layout as we are trying to buy some land and I have decided on jack & jill bathroom for between the childrens' rooms - definitely looks worthwhile

zaphod Tue 01-Feb-05 21:30:01

What's a Jack and Jill bathroom?

MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 21:30:18

I think one would be fab but DH thinks they are a waste becasue technically we would then have to have two full bathrooms.

MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 21:38:11

Its a bathroom that has a door leading out in to bedrooms. One door would be from the girls room and another from the boys. They can be locked from inside so they have privacy.

jampots Tue 01-Feb-05 21:38:56

I am planning a j&j shower room for them and an ensuite shower room for us with a full family bathroom

MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 21:44:42

so just a shower, toilet and sink then. That might work actually. WE don't really need two full bathrooms.

jampots Tue 01-Feb-05 21:46:02

Yes it shouldnt take too much room either. Agree completely unnecessary to have too many baths to clean

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 01-Feb-05 21:47:23

my bath is much easier than my shower to clean. Lots less nooks and crannies to trap manky stuff in [gagging emoticon]

catfish Tue 01-Feb-05 22:01:49

Dunno, would you be using up space that could be utilised in a better way????????? Do you have many children or would the bahtroom do, suppose would depend on how mcuh trafick was through the house.

MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 22:03:17

I have 4 and am really thinking long term. When they are teenagers that they will have their own space and not clutter up the main bathroom.

catfish Tue 01-Feb-05 22:54:46

sorry.... got chating to a pal on the phone ... but 4 teenageers in a shower room??? sorry just thinking aloud

MissGalway Tue 01-Feb-05 22:56:57

ah but they will be there individually. God thats a scarey thought though. Think of all the crap the girls will have in there and the boys with shaving stuff and such like. Hmm.

catfish Tue 01-Feb-05 23:01:18

boys or girls?

MissGalway Wed 02-Feb-05 22:34:34

1 boy. 3 girls

hatsoff Wed 02-Feb-05 23:23:52

you'd have to have a seperate loo somewhere - otherwise guests will have to go through bedrooms wouldn't they? And what about overnight guests what bathroom would they use?

MissGalway Thu 03-Feb-05 22:12:37

anyone actually have one of these at the moment. What way is your house laid out.

Prufrock Thu 03-Feb-05 23:01:28

No, but very nearly bought a wonderful house with downstairs loo, en-suite shower & bath to main bedroom, jack and jill with shower and bath to bedrooms 2 & 3 (all on first floor), then 2 bedrooms and shower room on 2nd floor. The layour was perfect for us

catfish Fri 04-Feb-05 08:30:01

well that would answes it for me. do your three girls share a room or is it two girls and one girl and the boy. i wouldnt have one with that ratio. are you living in this house or just thinking about it, i think i would give the girls an ensuite if you can do that without compromising on space and let the boy use the bathroom. boys arent so fussy.

catfish Fri 04-Feb-05 08:31:19

hatsoff isn't there usually a downstairs half bathroom in most houses these days, you could just decorate a little cosier for guests

hatsoff Sat 05-Feb-05 09:49:37

Not always - a lot of Victorian houses don't have a downstairs loo, so if you were thinking of changing the bathroom lay-out upstairs you'd need to take that into account

LadyPenelope Sat 05-Feb-05 09:57:33

Our j&J bathroom has door to one bedroom and door to landing. When we have guests it is their ensuite and otherwise the family bathroom.

MissGalway Mon 07-Mar-05 21:59:40

ok have decided to go with the j&J with a shower rather than a bath. So now want to know if any one can recommend a good power shower which is adjustable down low and up high (for the kids now and when they are taller). Is there such a thing.

Janh Mon 07-Mar-05 22:07:32

What kind of boiler have you got, MissG? If you have a combi boiler you don't need a power shower, mains pressure is enough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: