Talk

Advanced search

Could I have your romantic restaurant recommendations in London please?

(12 Posts)
WideWebWitch Sun 06-Jul-08 21:32:08

Dh and I have 3 whole nights away (no children) in London and would like to book somewhere for dinner for Saturday (or possibly Sunday, we're staying Sunday night too) night. We reckon on Friday we'll probably just enjoy the hotel room and order room service after a tiring week. <excited emoticon>

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations?

Criteria:

Reasonably central/City
Not Indian
Romantic so no bright lights
Great service
Good food
Not impossible to get into at this late stage so not Claridges / anywhere that will only have a table at 10pm

Thanks for any suggestions!

NotQuiteCockney Mon 07-Jul-08 08:33:07

Looks like the City lot haven't spotted this yet.

Are you planning it for the coming weekend? Might be tricky ...

I'd recommend Club Gascon (french, lots of little plates), or Bleeding Heart (also French). Oh, maybe Oxo Tower?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 07-Jul-08 08:38:12

Mon Plaisir, Monmouth Street - very traditionally French, but not cliched

whooosh Mon 07-Jul-08 08:39:11

The Belvedere in Holland Park-beautiful setting,peacocks on the outside terrace,great food and no bright lights....

whooosh Mon 07-Jul-08 08:39:59

Belvedere

PortAndLemon Mon 07-Jul-08 08:48:28

Bleeding Heart doesn't open at weekends (as I realised after I'd recommended it on a similar thread a couple of months ago). Which does suggest that that thread might be useful here <<goes to look it up>>

PortAndLemon Mon 07-Jul-08 08:49:45

Here you go - some useful suggestions there.

batters Mon 07-Jul-08 09:03:54

www.rsj.uk.com/

Been here several times with dodgy women and also with dp. Everyone I have recommended it to has loved it.

MrsWobble Mon 07-Jul-08 09:07:10

clos magiore in king street is very nice. i've only been there for work but think it would be nice on a pa basis as well - particularly if you get a table in the conservatory bit.

WideWebWitch Mon 07-Jul-08 13:08:20

Oh THANK YOU for all these! That other thread looks fab and batters, thanks for the link and thanks to all of you for these ideas. The Belvedere is too W London for me (have been, years ago though!)

kiltycoldbum Mon 07-Jul-08 13:16:49

J Sheekey
El Faro - E14 very very nice

piggysgal Wed 09-Jul-08 17:18:20

Another vote for Maggiore's in Covent Garden. Fab, romantic atmosphere. Ask to be seated in the conservatory at the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now