Talk

Advanced search

my "friend" is very houseproud but today she...

(17 Posts)
hernow Tue 01-Feb-05 17:39:47

cleaned OUR muddy shoes as soon as we stepped through the door in... her kitchen sink AND didn't clean the sink after!

Am I mad or is she?
I am totally NOT houseproud (would love to be but always struggle), is she crazy or am I?

RTKangaMummy Tue 01-Feb-05 17:40:41

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!

Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 17:40:55

I'd say she 'possibly' was - I might ask someone with particularly muddy shoes to take them off - I 'might' even clean them, not sure if I'd use the sink BUT I'd definitely wash the sink afterwards!!!

duster Tue 01-Feb-05 17:42:10

...and you hadn't even had time to take off your shoes, right?

crunchie Tue 01-Feb-05 17:46:44

I wouldn't do it in front of someone.....but yes I clean muddy shoes in the kitchen sink........and the sink doesn't always get cleaned afterwards

RTKangaMummy Tue 01-Feb-05 17:48:50

What about dog poo?????

hernow Tue 01-Feb-05 17:49:24

duster
but it was nearly a double
...as I literally only just had time to step inside the house before she whisked them up off the tiled floor to clean them, and I had even deliberately stepped inside with a big stretch so that I didn't have to step twice to leave too many muddy footprints!

lowcalCOD Tue 01-Feb-05 17:49:25

i do it and then lick it out

Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 17:49:43

ewwwww Crunchie - you've temporarily gone down in my estimations

I'd be more likely to use the bath, or the bathroom sink - but not the kitchen sink - I peel potatoes in there!

lowcalCOD Tue 01-Feb-05 17:50:34

no I do mine in our garage sink
well dh does

crunchie Tue 01-Feb-05 17:51:42

I don't peel potatoes

PS told you I was stalking you

crunchie Tue 01-Feb-05 17:52:12

And coddy I don't have a garage sink

lowcalCOD Tue 01-Feb-05 17:53:06

mt y mum has one with plants in in her garden

anorak Tue 01-Feb-05 17:53:06

Maybe she cleaned it after you left?

duster Tue 01-Feb-05 17:56:31

Next time show up wearing bin liners on your feet.
ANd bring your slippers.
Then ask her how long she's been Howard Hughes, as you pass her an anti sars mask.

Ok, getting carried away now...apologies to hernow's friend, who's house is clean, unlike my hovel...

juniperdewdrop Tue 01-Feb-05 18:02:14

sorry but I had to laugh.

Why didn't you take them off on the step and leave them outside, was it wet????

SofiaAmes Tue 01-Feb-05 21:31:16

The odd part to me is that she cleaned YOUR shoes, not that she cleaned them in the kitchen sink. I would have guests with muddy shoes leave them just inside the front door, but I certainly wouldn't wash them for them. However, I have washed my children's muddy shoes in the kitchen sink. I don't do dishes in the kitchen sink (I have a dishwasher for that) so I'm not terribly concerned about the immediate hygiene of it all. If I were going to clean vegetables or something in the kitchen sink I'd clean the sink immediately before doing so (you never know what dh has been stuffing down there).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now