Talk

Advanced search

You can now register ......................

(19 Posts)
woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 12:24:16

For race for life. For those who don't know it's a 5km course that you can walk, run, jog whatever. They are woman only events and all money goes to Cancer Reasearch UK. I'm taking part in it this year along with my mum and my dd who's only 2 in memory of my Grandma who died from cancer in December. It's £8:50 each to enter and under 18's are £5:00. Please take part. The more money that's raised means there's more chance of finding a cure for this evil disease.

BubblesDeVere Tue 01-Feb-05 12:24:54

When does it take place?

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 12:26:30

Is it in a certain place? I bet I could get my mum, auntie and nanna involved as my Grandad died from cancer.

woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 12:27:59

There's 165 races all over the country on various dates. Look on the race for life website. I'd do a link but haven't worked them out yet and I've been coming on MN for over a year now

BubblesDeVere Tue 01-Feb-05 12:35:07

Well, just had a look and there are two near me, both would mean me travelling to them, and guess what, dh is working days on both days so I have no-one to look after dd1 & dd2, I think just over 3 miles is too far to expect them to walk.

woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 12:36:36

Get a group of friends to do it with you. You could cadge a lift from them then

BubblesDeVere Tue 01-Feb-05 12:38:22

The link is here, for everyone who is interested.

Race For Life

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 12:40:21

Could I take dd and put her in her pushchair? It would be 4 generations doing a walk together!

woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 12:48:19

We're taking dd buggy. There's no way she'd walk 5km. That means we'll have 3 generations. You get pieces of paper to wear with racing in memory of .......... we'll have mum, grandma and great grandma. She'll be watching down on us with a grin on her face

BubblesDeVere Tue 01-Feb-05 15:57:46

Woodpops, can you take children in buggies then? I was told that pushchairs weren't allowed.

woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 16:06:47

It say's you can take wheelchairs so we're pressuming yes for buggies as well. It varies between venues though

BubblesDeVere Tue 01-Feb-05 16:21:22

I'll have to double check with my venue then

woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 16:23:41

You gonna do it then bubbles???

BubblesDeVere Tue 01-Feb-05 16:25:08

Woodpops, I have just looked on the site and it says due to health and safety, prams and strollers aren't allowed. I really really want to do it, but two things, I don't drive and its getting there and also getting someone to look after the kids.

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 09:20:01

Yeah mum has just told me no buggies. That'll be interesting with Abs.

Potty1 Wed 02-Feb-05 09:26:51

They do usually say no buggies but if you start right at the back there isn't usually a problem. There are always buggies and wheel chairs at the race I do.

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 09:28:59

If I wear the clothes I had before I lost weight I could get the maclaren buggy down my trouser leg and walk with a limp!!!!

BubblesDeVere Wed 02-Feb-05 15:43:05

How much have you lost in total woodpops?

I have registered no with Race For Life, where is the one you are doing?

Potty1 Wed 02-Feb-05 16:09:30

And if anyone fancies jogging round you can come here for some support. We don't bite

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: