Talk

Advanced search

Advice on 2yo birthday party please!

(6 Posts)
cheekychops03 Mon 31-Jan-05 14:04:44

Hi there
I've decided to have a birthday party for my son who will be 2 in a few weeks. I was just thinking of having some of his friends round from his various activities with some toys out and perhaps some sticking and colouring too. Do any of you more experienced Mums think that is ok or have you any other top ideas?
Another question I have is are you supposed to give party bags at this age. Personally, I think they aren't really needed at this age but wouldn't want to offend anyone.
Thanks for any top tips anyone can give me.

woodpops Mon 31-Jan-05 14:10:43

I think party bags are expected alot of the time nowadays. It all sounds fine though. If you were going to attempt any games the only one I'd really do would be pass the parcel and put sweets in all of the layers. That keep their attention.

woodpops Mon 31-Jan-05 14:12:55

Ooooh just had a brain wave. Why not get a tub of model magic from Baker Ross and do each childs hand or foot print in the clay. It's a really light clay that isn't messy, air drys and doesn't crumble. We did this at Center Parcs last week with a 2 and 3 year old. That could be instead of the party bag. IMO everything get's throaway out of party bags anyway!!!

nailpolish Mon 31-Jan-05 14:14:17

pass the parcel always is a big hit. musical bumps can be good too.

party bags dont have to be anything spectacular - asda do a section in the shop which has the bags, little gifts to put in them etc. just one or two and a slice of the birthday cake and a 2 yr old is in their element.

dont invite too many as your son might get too tired too quickly and dont sweat all day preparing food - you should enjoy the day too

hope you all have lots of fun x

CountessDracula Mon 31-Jan-05 14:34:08

Dd was 2 last bday, they loved the Pulina here - you fill it with sweets and little presents and hang it up, they each pull one of the strings and one of them pulls the bottom out and they get showered with the gifts!

Also these boxes are great for putting the food in.

cheekychops03 Tue 01-Feb-05 14:11:36

Thanks guys. Good ideas, particularly the Pulina. I'd have never have thought of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now