Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas? Organising my sisters hen night...

(19 Posts)
musicmaker Mon 31-Jan-05 13:41:40

Hello

I am organising my sisters hen weekend to Barcelona.
Can anyone suggest games or activities I should organise? I dont want to make her look stupid but pinning condoms to her etc. She would not like that.

Do you have any suggestions, do's anf don'ts to organising hen nights?

Plus can anyone recommend cheap places to stay in barcelons and places to go and eat?

Thank you

x

woodpops Mon 31-Jan-05 13:43:41

A list of challenges to do throughout the night.

musicmaker Mon 31-Jan-05 14:04:55

hi - can you suggest any challenges?

HunkerMunker Mon 31-Jan-05 14:06:04

Get your photo taken with someone with a big moustache.

I'm feeling whimsical, sorry.

Raindog Mon 31-Jan-05 14:10:02

My sister organised my hen night and had a great idea. Everyone who came dressed up, but they all had to make a sash and wear a tiara like a Miss World competition. They all chose names like Miss Demeanour, Miss Chief, etc and she made me one that was Miss Taken (of course!). It meant that I didn't feel stupid for dressing up when no-one else was, and we all looked lovely in teh pictures with our sashes and tiaras!

lockets Mon 31-Jan-05 14:13:29

Message withdrawn

musicmaker Mon 31-Jan-05 14:15:23

thats great!

thank you

anymore?

lockets Mon 31-Jan-05 14:16:26

Message withdrawn

vict17 Mon 31-Jan-05 14:21:56

I had to do challenges on my hen night It was things like kiss a man with a moustache, blag a free drink, ask to see a stranger's pants that kind of thing. When it's obvious you're a hen people usually don't mind playing along. We all wore school girls out fits too as that was where we met!!

woodpops Mon 31-Jan-05 14:25:10

Get you picture taken with a police man.
Get someone to buy you a bottle of champagne
Get a pair of blokes pants.
Urrrrm can't think of anymore. My mind has gone blanck.

The last hen weekend I went on, on the night out we all wore black with pink furry deelie bobbers and the hen had a tiarra with a small veiland a sash. It was amazing how friendly people were towards us and how many blokes wanted to buy the whole party drinks.

bluesky Mon 31-Jan-05 16:02:17

I went to a good one once, you bought a gift for the bride-to-be that was very personal/relevant to you, and she had to guess who it was from. It was really funny. She enjoyed that more than the willy ear-rings!

bluesky Mon 31-Jan-05 16:02:38

And I mean silly, cheap, fun gift, not a full on present!

HeyEnidYouveLostWeight Mon 31-Jan-05 16:07:57

My sister did me a pass the parcel thing with loads of funny/rude things inside - very funny. Also they sent me out of the room and when I came back they all had masks made with a picture of me when I was 12 - very bizarre but hilarious

musicmaker Mon 31-Jan-05 18:26:48

bump

janeybops Mon 31-Jan-05 18:58:15

PEGS

get a load of cheap pegs. pair them up and tie each pair together with a lengh of string. so you have about 1 metre of string with a peg tied to each end.

on the night issue each hen with a set of pegs. whenever moving location from pub to pub for example everyone has to 'peg up' so you are all joined together in a big long line or perhaps more of a huddle depending on how drunk you get.

doesn't sound much but hysterically funny after a few beers...

wilbur Tue 01-Feb-05 11:33:30

My group of girlies have often done either a scrap book (v rude and hilarious) or a clip frame (not so rude so it can go on the wall) of pics of the bride plus her friends (exes too in the scrapbook, but not in the frame!) and then all the girls have written a little memory or funny story of the bride to paste in the book. They're great, like a this is your life book, and then presented during drinks before going out. you have to contact all the hens well in advance though to tell them to go through photos albums and to think up their stories and send them to you.

Allycat Tue 01-Feb-05 17:29:59

Hi Musicmaker. I'm going to Barcelona too on my hen weekend. When are you going? We are going on the 13 May this year. I know a few people who have been and they all say stay near as poss to La Ramblas which is a long road where all the bars etc are and it leads down to the beach. I found the best deals for flights etc on lastminute.com where you can book the hotel and flight as a package. Wouldn't it be spooky if you were going the same weekend!!

Elf1981 Tue 01-Feb-05 19:54:55

I got married last year and had two hen nights, one which was a meal for all the female relatives (including grandparents etc who didn't really want to go clubbing!). The other wsa just going to various bars and ending up in a 70's nightclub.
My best suggestion is for the whole party to wear similar outfits. How tasty you do this is up to you. We went out and everybody wore some sort of outfit. My little sis had angel wings and a halo, my older sis had devil horns, and a "pitchfork". I somehow managed to end up wearing a "Learner" skirt, made out of learner stickers and elastic. Hmm. Blame my mother. I had on a learner headband, it was embarassing but felt okay as everybody else looked like a fool!
You could opt for a classier route. Confetti.co.uk do personalised tee shirts and even bikinis. If you go to the website, click on "shop" and then "personalised" on the drop down list, it has a selection.
They used to do "Sexy Bridesmaid" type tops, but not sure if they still do.
As for setting tasks - there is a kit in Ann Summers that gives Hen Night Tasks. I think they also have T shirts with the tasks written on them, and you tick them off when done!

Have fun!

halcat Thu 03-Feb-05 13:31:47

When I organised my friend's hen night I got everyone to think of a story to tell the rest of us about her, and buy a present (less than £5) that went with the story. Then over dinner everyone took turns to tell theirs. It was a great way to get people who didn't know each other talking and for people to tell special things about her. Mind you she then had to lug a huge bag full of random stuff to the club we went to after...

I also got people to send photos and did a kind of story of her life in an album going from when she was a baby right up to the hen night (we took some photos that night to put in at the end)

I know she'd have killed me if I'd done any kind of L plates/veil stuff so this seemed more up her street!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now